[B19-B18] Spdskatr's mods | We Factorio now? (20 Jun)

Started by Spdskatr, February 25, 2017, 08:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratys

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 02, 2018, 04:00:58 PM
<snip> especially since the author of Quantum Storage said there aren't even plans for a B18 release. :'(

I'll just hijack this real quick: I said, per your question, that there is no ETA on B18 version. I also said, earlier in the thread and on Workshop, that after first round of B18 updates for my other mods I'll begin work on proper RT Quantum Storage update - which is exactly what's going on. To reiterate: it's coming, but I can't promise when.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ratys on January 03, 2018, 11:27:18 PM
<snip> especially since the author of Quantum Storage said there aren't even plans for a B18 release. :'(

I'll just hijack this real quick: I said, per your question, that there is no ETA on B18 version. I also said, earlier in the thread and on Workshop, that after first round of B18 updates for my other mods I'll begin work on proper RT Quantum Storage update - which is exactly what's going on. To reiterate: it's coming, but I can't promise when.

You are correct. I remembered this the other day, and actually went back and read that you had said that, but didn't bother to edit my post. My apologies.

Spdskatr

Hi Speedskater, I love your mods, thanks for all of the hard work! I just have a couple of quick things:

1-In the OP you have MassStorage as A17, but the post for it says there is a B18 version. Just thought you might like to know as I never bothered to check to see if you had a B18 version until I checked the actual post for that mod.

2-Will ResearchableStatUpgrades for B18 ever be posted on GitHub or anywhere besides Steam? I saw on Steam it is updated to B18, but I would rather get the official version from you than what someone else posted on here.

3-In MassStorage, how many different types of items can each device hold? Or is it just 1 type of item per device? Also, is there a distance limit on how far it can reach in the storage zone to pull items into itself? Hypothetically, could you just have a 1 cell wide storage zone stretching from the MassStorage unit to say a far off mine on the other side of the map, and it could still pull the resources automatically? Or say you had a storage zone just covering the whole map for 1 type of resource, would 1 storage device then be able to pull all of that resource scattered throughout the map to itself? I understand the potential for abuse, but was curious if there was an sort of arbitrary limit to the pull distance.

Sorry about all of the questions, but MassStorage is looking like it's right up my alley, especially since the author of Quantum Storage said there aren't even plans for a B18 release. :'(
1- Fixed.
2- Fixed.
3- It only holds 1 type of item. Be warned that items stored internally can't be traded
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

AnddyiRaynor

SS Bigger Fuses is not working with Hardcore Sk Project B18, it has RT Fuse, ( I don't think it has everything of Rt fuse however), but the bigger problem is it's not even showing up in the mod list, SS Batteries and SS Storage work fine, maybe it's because you have the research in the same xml as the building itself? But I'm using rimfridge (I had to edit it's research requirements to get it to work, but even when I noticed it wasn't it still showed in the mod list...) I thought maybe it didn't show in the list because there were to many mods but I tried to delete one and it still didn't show, I don't know what's going on. It should be in the list even if it it won't work, unless it's the wrong version and I just downloaded it an hour or so ago.(B18 version).

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: AnddyiRaynor on January 09, 2018, 03:15:49 AM
SS Bigger Fuses is not working with Hardcore Sk Project B18, it has RT Fuse, ( I don't think it has everything of Rt fuse however), but the bigger problem is it's not even showing up in the mod list, SS Batteries and SS Storage work fine, maybe it's because you have the research in the same xml as the building itself? But I'm using rimfridge (I had to edit it's research requirements to get it to work, but even when I noticed it wasn't it still showed in the mod list...) I thought maybe it didn't show in the list because there were to many mods but I tried to delete one and it still didn't show, I don't know what's going on. It should be in the list even if it it won't work, unless it's the wrong version and I just downloaded it an hour or so ago.(B18 version).

I thought wrong version mods just appear at the bottom of the list in red?

Canute

AnddyiRaynor,
when anything isn't working with HCSK, you should mention this at the HCSK thread or on their discord channel.
HCSK is a very unique modpack, highly modified and most other mod's don't work or don't fit in there.

AnddyiRaynor

Found the problem it was industrial rollers (pretty obvious when it only shows up when you have SS Fuse... fuck give me back those hours.) Anyways.. Mods don't show if they are the wrong version, checked that.

--- below was before the top..
Even more confused now, I loaded it up on my other computer (reloading sk takes minutes..) and that computer had a earlier version of Hardcore Sk and the fuses showed up in it's mod list. Rt fuse wasn't edited between those times in that version. Moved the working one over to the other computer to see if it worked, didn't. Seeing if reverting back to the backup of the mods folder works. Which it should, they should both have the same mods it's just I only updated sk again today prev on jan 3.(didn't so moving mods folder over again..)(then later it wouldn't even show ss fuse so that must have been a glitch that I saw it... once.. finally fixed it though)

Only difference I can see between them is industrial rollers shows up in the mod folder for the new update which it hadn't previously, deactivated maybe since it wasn't in the mod list but was in the in the mod folder.(not the only thing in the update though)

Yeah it is clearly their problem, new update messed something up. That was clear once it actually loaded on this computer and the slightly older (jan 3rd version). Idk what the hell is wrong mod list doesn't change even if I revert and delete the mod config.

Edit will you add a github to the weather disrupter or dropbox? somewhere not on steam.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: AnddyiRaynor on January 09, 2018, 05:32:12 AM
Found the problem it was industrial rollers (pretty obvious when it only shows up when you have SS Fuse... fuck give me back those hours.) Anyways.. Mods don't show if they are the wrong version, checked that.

--- below was before the top..
Even more confused now, I loaded it up on my other computer (reloading sk takes minutes..) and that computer had a earlier version of Hardcore Sk and the fuses showed up in it's mod list. Rt fuse wasn't edited between those times in that version. Moved the working one over to the other computer to see if it worked, didn't. Seeing if reverting back to the backup of the mods folder works. Which it should, they should both have the same mods it's just I only updated sk again today prev on jan 3.(didn't so moving mods folder over again..)(then later it wouldn't even show ss fuse so that must have been a glitch that I saw it... once.. finally fixed it though)

Only difference I can see between them is industrial rollers shows up in the mod folder for the new update which it hadn't previously, deactivated maybe since it wasn't in the mod list but was in the in the mod folder.(not the only thing in the update though)

Yeah it is clearly their problem, new update messed something up. That was clear once it actually loaded on this computer and the slightly older (jan 3rd version). Idk what the hell is wrong mod list doesn't change even if I revert and delete the mod config.

Edit will you add a github to the weather disrupter or dropbox? somewhere not on steam.

I have RT fuse, bigger fuses, and industrial rollers all working fine with no issues. Your problem is you are trying to get stuff to work with a mod pack that changes so much stuff in the game, and not everyone's mods are configured for these changes, like the research for example, <thingClass>, etc. Also, mods absolutely do show if they are for the wrong version of RimWorld. They go to the bottom of your mod list, have red letters, and if you click on the mod, the info box at the top right says it's for wrong version.

EDIT: With Mass Storage, if you store food items in there, they can still rot, yes? What about putting the storage unit in a freezer, would that help? I would guess the items in Mass Storage are the temperature of what the storage unit is at?

AnddyiRaynor

Maybe there are to many mods in hcsk to see the other mods, but I did delete a few to see if that was the issue and it didn't seem to be. There really shouldn't be a conflict between industrial and ss fuse anyway. Idk what ss fuse would use that would make industrial as it but even when I enabled that one(sense it wouldn't popup without ss fuse being in the mod folder) it still didn't show the fuses, putting industrial as ver 17 did work though. Issues fixed as far as I care anyways.

It should work if you place the mass storage in a freezer.

Spdskatr

Weather Disruptor

Information
The weather disruptor is very easy to unlock in research (microelectronics basics), but is quite expensive to build. It takes 500 steel, 1 orbital power beam targeter and 15 components.

It takes 15 days at 2000W full power to charge up. It can also break down, but this will not affect the charge progress.

The "activate" button causes the weather disruptor to strike any random tornado on the map. This strike does not cause fires or harm colonists.

P.S.
Nobody knows how power beams can stop tornadoes.They just do. This violates all known laws of meteorology and physics. Ancient artifacts really like doing that don't they?

FAQ
Does this require a new colony to work? No.
Can I remove this off existing saves? Remove all weather disruptors off the map.

Credits:
Art for weather disruptor by Storm
Japanese translation: Proxyer

Download - GitHub(A18) - Steam
My mods

Dodging Rain

QuoteNobody knows how power beams can stop tornadoes.They just do. This violates all known laws of meteorology and physics. Ancient artifacts really like doing that don't they?

Maybe nuking the cumulonimbus is probably what does it.

Harry_Dicks

Hi Spdskatr, I was curious if there might be something up with Researchable Stat Upgrades. I ask because, every time I get a error like the following, it is where someone forgot to put a <thingClass>Building</thingClass> in their defs.
Exception editing stack counts for ThingDef "SRV_StumpChair": System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ResearchableStatUpgrades.RSUUtil.IsInst (System.Type t, System.Type a) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ResearchableStatUpgrades.RSUUtil+<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<IsInst>b__0 (System.Type t2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ResearchableStatUpgrades.RSUUtil.IsInst (System.Type t, System.Type[] types) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ResearchableStatUpgrades.WorldComponent_StackCountEditManager.RefreshStackCountEdits () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
ResearchableStatUpgrades.WorldComponent_StackCountEditManager:RefreshStackCountEdits()
ResearchableStatUpgrades.WorldComponent_StackCountEditManager:ExposeData()
Verse.CrossRefHandler:ResolveAllCrossReferences()
Verse.ScribeLoader:FinalizeLoading()
Verse.Game:LoadGame()
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__0()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

However, I had this issue with Albion's Sparkling Worlds items. I posted there and asked him, and he was able to properly diagnose the problem. However he told me, "I'm 99% confident it is because the Research stat upgrade mod doesn't catch some exceptions." I figured I would post here as well so you could see this, I don't know if it is actually anything broken with your mod or not, because I don't know what that means ::) I was also just curious as to why your mod name shows up whenever someone else's mod is messing up.

jecrell

Quote from: Spdskatr on January 11, 2018, 12:06:49 AM
P.S.
Nobody knows how power beams can stop tornadoes.They just do. This violates all known laws of meteorology and physics. Ancient artifacts really like doing that don't they?

It heats up the cold air required to form the funnel and disrupts the tornado. ^^
Diana and I talked about this mod quite a while ago. Thank you for making it a reality. Now we can finally relax a bit knowing that we have a chance to survive against these babies.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Spdskatr

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 13, 2018, 06:26:49 PM
Hi Spdskatr, I was curious if there might be something up with Researchable Stat Upgrades. I ask because, every time I get a error like the following, it is where someone forgot to put a <thingClass>Building</thingClass> in their defs.
Exception editing stack counts for ThingDef "SRV_StumpChair": System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ResearchableStatUpgrades.RSUUtil.IsInst (System.Type t, System.Type a) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ResearchableStatUpgrades.RSUUtil+<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<IsInst>b__0 (System.Type t2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ResearchableStatUpgrades.RSUUtil.IsInst (System.Type t, System.Type[] types) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ResearchableStatUpgrades.WorldComponent_StackCountEditManager.RefreshStackCountEdits () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
ResearchableStatUpgrades.WorldComponent_StackCountEditManager:RefreshStackCountEdits()
ResearchableStatUpgrades.WorldComponent_StackCountEditManager:ExposeData()
Verse.CrossRefHandler:ResolveAllCrossReferences()
Verse.ScribeLoader:FinalizeLoading()
Verse.Game:LoadGame()
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__0()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

However, I had this issue with Albion's Sparkling Worlds items. I posted there and asked him, and he was able to properly diagnose the problem. However he told me, "I'm 99% confident it is because the Research stat upgrade mod doesn't catch some exceptions." I figured I would post here as well so you could see this, I don't know if it is actually anything broken with your mod or not, because I don't know what that means ::) I was also just curious as to why your mod name shows up whenever someone else's mod is messing up.

I know where the exception happened, but this kind of problem almost never arises in game as thingClass is almost always included :P

Expect a fix on github and steam in the next hour or so
My mods

Harry_Dicks

Whatever you say man, because I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't know if it is your mod though, but I am able to go through my mods lists and fix those errors from those log entries. It is weird though, because I will fix one, it goes away, and then a different one pops up in it's place, WITHOUT ME EVER CHANGING THE MODS WITH THE NEW ERRORS! First it was the Sparkling Worlds one, which I fixed, and then, I now get one for cuproPanda's mods, wtf? Fix his, and now I've got A DIFFERENT ONE! >:(

It's okay though, making progress! ;D