[B19-B18] Spdskatr's mods | We Factorio now? (20 Jun)

Started by Spdskatr, February 25, 2017, 08:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Hey I think I've got some dumb questions for you, I hope you don't mind :) I want to customize Researchable Stat Upgrades for myself. I was looking at the one that makes turrets shoot 4 instead of 3 bullets. It has this under the research project def:
<researchMods>
            <li Class="ResearchableStatUpgrades.ResearchMod_EditVerbProperties">
                <def>Gun_TurretImprovised</def>
                <index>0</index>
                <fieldName>burstShotCount</fieldName>
                <value>4</value>
            </li>
        </researchMods>

I was wondering if I could use that same class with some new research project defs, and then I can use the lines below it to identify whatever def I want to modify, with the modification being fieldName and value, correct? What does index do? I know I would need to add them into this mod, because that class is contained within the assemblies, yeah?

Spdskatr

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 15, 2018, 01:48:51 PM
Hey I think I've got some dumb questions for you, I hope you don't mind :) I want to customize Researchable Stat Upgrades for myself. I was looking at the one that makes turrets shoot 4 instead of 3 bullets. It has this under the research project def:
<researchMods>
                <index>0</index>
                <value>4</value>
            </li>
        </researchMods>

I was wondering if I could use that same class with some new research project defs, and then I can use the lines below it to identify whatever def I want to modify, with the modification being fieldName and value, correct? What does index do? I know I would need to add them into this mod, because that class is contained within the assemblies, yeah?
I'll give you a quick guide:
def: the defName of the ThingDef you want to change
index: the index of the <li> you want to change in <verbs>
fieldName: the name of the field
value: the value you want to change it to
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

Harry_Dicks

I'm sorry friend, but I still don't understand this one part, "index: the index of the <li> you want to change in <verbs>" what is this "index?" I apologize but I'm not a programmer. Could I just leave that as 0? Say I want to make an upgrade to change chemfuel generators to make their fuel consumption lower, would the index still be 0 for that researchdef?

Spdskatr

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 15, 2018, 07:45:15 PM
I'm sorry friend, but I still don't understand this one part, "index: the index of the <li> you want to change in <verbs>" what is this "index?" I apologize but I'm not a programmer. Could I just leave that as 0? Say I want to make an upgrade to change chemfuel generators to make their fuel consumption lower, would the index still be 0 for that researchdef?

This class is made especially for editing things inside <verbs><li>. This includes weapon properties.
The index is basically the order something is in a list, where the first item would have index 0, second item 1, third item 2 etc.

If you wanted to change the fuel consumption for a chemfuel generator, the information is inside <comps><li>, which means you have to use Class="ResearchableStatUpgrades.ResearchMod_EditCompProperties". You can see how I used it in the ScannerEfficiency def.
My mods

Harry_Dicks

Ok, I think I'm getting it. So if there were multiple <li></li>s within the verbs for the thingdef, I would use index to designate which one I'm making the modification to?

I definitely appreciate the help you are giving me. Sorry if I'm not knowledgeable about all of these terms and stuff, this is all new to me. If I keep asking silly things, though, you don't worry about having to keep helping me ::)

Another question, say if I want a single research to make the turret shoot 4 bullets AND increase range, would I have it like this?

<researchMods>
                <index>0</index>
                <value>4</value>
            </li>
                <index>0</index>
                <fieldName>range</fieldName>
                <value>30</value>
            </li>
        </researchMods>

Spdskatr

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 16, 2018, 11:45:38 AM
Ok, I think I'm getting it. So if there were multiple <li></li>s within the verbs for the thingdef, I would use index to designate which one I'm making the modification to?

I definitely appreciate the help you are giving me. Sorry if I'm not knowledgeable about all of these terms and stuff, this is all new to me. If I keep asking silly things, though, you don't worry about having to keep helping me ::)

Another question, say if I want a single research to make the turret shoot 4 bullets AND increase range, would I have it like this?

<researchMods>
                <index>0</index>
                <value>4</value>
            </li>
                <index>0</index>
                <fieldName>range</fieldName>
                <value>30</value>
            </li>
        </researchMods>

I don't see anything wrong with it, the only way to know for certain is to try it though.
My mods

Woodis

I started playing this game very recently, so bear with me if there's something well-known that I've missed here.
I seem to be experiencing a slight issue with the Mass Storage Platform, in that if a recipe (like the Geothermal Generator for example) needs more resources than what is stored on top of the platform, my builders won't even start the build. The work-around I'm using at the moment is toggling the Mass Storage Platform off, and then using the "DEBUG: Drop all items"-option. Once all my steel (in this case) is on the floor, my builders get to work.

Is there any way to fix this? Maybe tell my workers to start building even if they don't think I have enough materials or something? I suppose that could be an issue on certain other aspects though... (Like surgery: I'll just remove your heart now, I'm sure your synthetic heart will show up eventually.)

I've tried a few other storage solutions so far (Quantum Storage, which didn't work since it wasn't for B18, and Infinite Storage, which occasionally quite often spewed out a bunch of items and gave me a bunch of error messages), but I really like this take on the storage-dilemma. Expecting us to store thousands and thousands (tens or hundreds of thousands even) of items on the floor in gigantic storage rooms is ridiculous to say the least.
"ICQ number"? Jesus, how old is this forum template?

Canute

Did you try to create a stockpile next to the object you want to build with a higher priority then the storage.
This would draw the resources out of the mass storage.

I don't think there would be another solution, then the Mass storage only check the output field and replenish that.
Infinity storage act on a building order and drop the nessesary resources.
Extended storage from Skullyway/DoctorVanGogh is a good allrounder. Which leave all the resources on the map.

wwWraith

Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Harry_Dicks

I think RW has a problem recognizing that you have the supplies required for making whatever if they exist in this kind of "pocket dimension" which you get with Quantum Storage and Mass Storage. I would recommend you can try StackXXL and possibley Extended Storage Solutions. StackXXL you can define only certain things to stack to whatever you want to, and that affects Extended Storage as well. Extended Storage is nice in that it has an "input/output" cell for things to get stored into it, so that you will still always have at least 1 stack available. I haven't delved into Mass Storage yet, but I'm not sure if it works the same way. From the screenshots, it looks like it is just sitting on top of it, similar to Extended Storage, so I cannot give you any definite advice, except to try out some of the other possible solutions and to see what works best for you.

EDIT: This is from Kiame's Infinite Storage page. And I think that both his mod and Mass Storage work in a similar fashion, so this could maybe be an issue if you are using Architect Sense (and who doesn't?!)

Unsupported:
Architect Sense - When trying to build with stored stuff it'll say no materials were found

Spdskatr

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 18, 2018, 01:14:27 PM
I think RW has a problem recognizing that you have the supplies required for making whatever if they exist in this kind of "pocket dimension" which you get with Quantum Storage and Mass Storage.

Ratys's QS works completely fine. I'm actually halfway through creating a storage solution that can hopefully replace the functionality of Mass Storage, as well as be tradeable if you place an orbital trade beacon nearby. It'll be part of Project RimFactory
My mods

bomberchibbi

Hi Spdskatr, I love your mod and have gone ham automatizing my base :). I have a problem though with some buildings that needs actual loading, like rimatomics generators, could you include a hopper for loading and unloading a building? That would be really awesome and pretty much the last step for a fully automated factory.

There's one more thing I'd like to add, maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I can't get the feeder box to work properly with a puller,    I have it setup like this:

Storage zone <- puller (to pull of milk that slipped on the feeder) <-feeder <- puller that pulls hay from a quantum storage. I can pull off the milk but the second puller won't pull the hay onto the feeder, is that some kind of bug, or am I doing something wrong? Has anybody gotten that setup to work?

daveedek

Hello Spdskatr, fantastic work with this mod, I really enjoy it.
I have two tips/suggestions:

1) Would it be possible to make upgraded version of smart hopper with radius setup? Or maybe if hopper could connect to stockpile and not only tiles inside the radius. My typical problem is, that I have huge stockpile with multiple resources (e.g. plasteel steel and components, and next to this stockpile I have 3 hoppers (one for each resource) and I have trouble to getting resources out of stockpile if it is put outside the range. (I can send screenshot if I didnt describe it properly). I solved it by changer range in xml to 200 but now I feel like chater :D

2) Great idea with remote storage, however could you add option to pull out everything with Storage unit I/O port? :)

Thank you very much

Saberwulfy

About Damage Indicators, What the colors means?

Spdskatr

Quote from: Saberwulfy on February 17, 2018, 12:04:22 PM
About Damage Indicators, What the colors means?

The colors are just a small visual indicator of the damage. Yellow for 10 to 29, Orange for 30 to 49, then red, then magenta, then cyan
My mods