Starting a Call of Cthulhu let's play, any tips

Started by Tekuki, February 28, 2017, 08:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tekuki

so i always heard of this mod pack being the best one out there but i never use it surprisingly, i want to start a youtube let's play of this mod pack but i kinda don't want to go in completely blind of what i'm doing. So i was wondering for people who have play this mod pack to give me any tips and trick with it. (ps. i want to go for a non killzone or killbox let's play to make the enemy a real challenge)

PhantomR

Well something I usually remember is that star vampires start invisible until hit (or seen) so it will likely be banging on doors so listen out for that I guess
JoJo! This is the last of my Hamon
TAKE IT FROM MEEEEEEEEEE~ Cesar Zepelli
Welcome to the true mans world~ Ringo Roadradigan
I have 4 testicles~ Jouske Hishigakitaro
Eat shit and fall of your horse,Asshole!~Gyro

PotatoeTater

Quote from: PhantomR on February 28, 2017, 09:13:57 AM
Well something I usually remember is that star vampires start invisible until hit (or seen) so it will likely be banging on doors so listen out for that I guess

Best idea is to have a very tight area of structures if you go for a village, the star vampires kill pretty quick if they catch someone so when you get the attack notification you want to barricade everyone inside one building and wait for it. Also a good starting deity is Nyarlanthotep, his spells are super good and one lets you reroll characters so they arn't incapable of anything.

Besides those two tips, play as you usually do, don't rush into the cults, but first make everyone do the research for successful cults, that way everyone is cult minded and you don't have internal struggles. Marble alters are super nice if you don't have silver or gold or jade to make one, and try to get as high of a level one as you can. Masterwork gives a huge boost to your temple.
Life is Strange

Derp

The deities are all themed, but which themes are which isn't well described.

The only tip I'd add is to watch for when your pawn goes to investigate the tree/monolith and make sure it's one you don't need.  If need  be, draft them and assign someone disposable to investigate instead. Major SAN loss, big morale penalties for about a week. 

The monolith can be uninstalled and moved to be your future Black Temple's steeple.

Deity themes: SPOILERS

[spoiler]
Cthulhu: combat.  Pawns get psychic attacks, spells to smite hordes of tribals, etc.
Dagon: resources.  Bring plasteel directly to you.  Kind of underwhelming.
Nyarlanthotep: cannibal psychopath holocaust.  Summon a pawn, take his organs, sac him for a new pawn or eat him as-is.
Shub-Niggurath: fertility.  Friendly black goats and dark young.  Good for a comfy forest base with lots of farmland.
Hastur: Damned if I know.  His spells seem to duplicate some of the psychic artifacts.  And you can summon a byakhee.
[/spoiler]