Play through vs reload

Started by Dorian, March 01, 2017, 08:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you roll with the punches or reload when things go wrong?

I play through
12 (21.1%)
I reload
6 (10.5%)
I do both depending on the situation
39 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

werz

Quote from: Brutetal on March 03, 2017, 04:27:10 AM
The only moment where I really, REALLY want to reload is when a pawn gets torn apart from a panther or other predator because there is absolutely zero warning before the predator hits the first strike.

I do the same. It looks like you don't even get warned before getting the event "Your colonist needs rescue"/"Animal needs rescue", meaning that he is downed, unable to defend himself, and will be dead in seconds.

That is very frustrating, especially when you think that hunted animals going manhunting makes the game generate a warning before the animals even start to move toward your hunter, while you'd expect hunting to be dangerous, and warn you only when it's already too late when being hunted is totally unexpected.

Anyway I really think that this will be improved with A17.

Derp

With a few mods to patch the obviously-bugged elements (e.g. Less Arbitrary Surgery), this is a very permadeath-friendly game.  So long as you don't get too attached to anyone in particular, colonies are surprisingly resilient.

carbon

I can't recall ever reloading part of a game because of some bad outcome. If things got really horrible for me, where there was essentially no way to survive, I might consider just quitting that game outright for the sake of brevity to start a new one, but reloading isn't really something I do with RimWorld.

I would probably make an exception for game-breaking bugs if I were to ever stumble upon one.

XeoNovaDan

Permadeath player here, so roll through