[Mod Idea] How to make cyborg or space marine actually feel super powerful.

Started by Aristocat, March 02, 2017, 01:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristocat

Even if you give your colonists most advanced stuff you can imagine pawns doesn't really feel that powerful, and in fact fragile as ever. They don't provide any more hp than their flesh counterparts. (Some people seems believe bionics provide additional hp, they don't. http://i.imgur.com/5JsBgFt.jpg)

So I've got the idea : Why not make pain and bleeding more significant.

Changes would be something like these.

Increase bleed injury cause by 2 or 3 times.

Increase bleed punctured organ cause by 2 or 3 times.

Increase chance each hit puncturing organs by 2 times.

Decrease pain and bleeding torso cause by 1/3. (This is necessary as there is no way to replace torso without replacing entire body.)

Increase pain pawns receive by 2 times.

Increase every body parts hp by 6 times.

Now body parts has 6 times more hp so you might think this is going to be too easy, but since they'll just drop down from pain and will die within one or two hours it's not any easier than vanilla, and in fact provide more challenges, and a bit realistic. It's also kind of like FPS or RPG games in that you die if you reach 100% blood loss.

Now that's unless you don't have bionics. Synthetic organs will no longer bleed or feel pain. Brain injury is automatically healed and the heart doesn't bleed. The only way to kill these pawns are destroying practically every single body parts, and they don't even drop and incapped since they don't feel pain, and with having 6 times more hp they're practically centipedes that can be controlled. It's also not really overpowered since you could just build 30 turrets with the resources.

At least this is what I see the only way to implant without C#, and in fact pretty easy.

Thoughts?

dareddevil7

Makes sense. But also you'd have to do something about the scar pain. I have scars, they don't constantly sting.

Aristocat

Quote from: dareddevil7 on March 02, 2017, 01:58:26 PM
Makes sense. But also you'd have to do something about the scar pain. I have scars, they don't constantly sting.

You don't get scars on bionic if I know correctly.