[A17] Diesel Generators (1.1) - Chemfuel burning power plants

Started by deadlyreg, March 03, 2017, 03:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadlyreg

Diesel Generators

Power your colony with more efficient fuel!

Description
Chemfuel is a wonderful resource but it only gets used to fire space age pods around the map. Surely some bright spark in your colony can build an internal combustion engine? I mean they crack solar power pretty quick so why not something dirtier? Diesel Generators has you covered! Hook one up and burn through that refined wood.

Stats
Type Buildings – Power
Size 2 ˣ 2
HP 400
Power + 1500W
Buy Steel 175  Component 3
Tech required: Electricity

I did some maths on the return you get from work required using clothes and food as a basis. In numbers terms you get about 4 times the duration of burn for the equivalence of wood:chemfuel loaded and you get 50% more power, though the generator is a little more expensive. It faces stiff competition though at that tech grade though.

Author
deadlyreg

Download
Get it from Steam here or in the attachment below

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
- Same as it ever was

Potential world drowning issues
Should be conflict free, but if there's any issues let me know! Feedback appreciated too, it's my first Rimworld mod but it's super basic so it should be fine?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Ashardalon411

Does it be possible to have an A17 Update ? Already Ty !

Ashardalon411

Hello all ! The modder does'nt have a look on his post after 2 months, so i have make an UNOFFICIAL update of the mod to the A17 !
My update change nothing else excepted the power output who change a little 1500=>2500 W

Deadlyreg, if you want that i delete the version that i purpose here, pls take contact with me !

Enjoy the Chemfuel ! ^^

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

deadlyreg

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on June 12, 2017, 09:02:56 AM
Hello all ! The modder does'nt have a look on his post after 2 months, so i have make an UNOFFICIAL update of the mod to the A17 !
My update change nothing else excepted the power output who change a little 1500=>2500 W

Deadlyreg, if you want that i delete the version that i purpose here, pls take contact with me !

Enjoy the Chemfuel ! ^^

I yet live! I haven't been around for a while as I've been working on newer, better C# involving mods that have now got to be updated for Alpha 17, and I just got notification that people cared enough about this old mod to want to use it. Ashardalon411's update is hereby dubbed official until I get a chance this weekend to potentially tweak and update it!

Ashardalon411

Ty for your trust ! I've just fixed a minor issue who produce an error in the output log ! Now it will be totally compatible with A17 and i am now in testing for the compatibilities and bug tracking with a huge amouth of 110 mods ;-)

ps: Deadlyreg, its possible to mention in the title that version is now updated for A17 ? Already ty !

so before this, lets eat some kebab  ::)

hiepbg

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on June 12, 2017, 09:49:51 AM
Ty for your trust ! I've just fixed a minor issue who produce an error in the output log ! Now it will be totally compatible with A17 and i am now in testing for the compatibilities and bug tracking with a huge amouth of 110 mods ;-)

ps: Deadlyreg, its possible to mention in the title that version is now updated for A17 ? Already ty !

Thank you :D
so before this, lets eat some kebab  ::)

Moonsong

75 chemfuel for two weeks of 1500W is very generous dont you think? Considering that it's not that big of a deal to build it.

Ashardalon411

Its the first time that i touch to the modding so i can't have now a good idea of the balance.
Usually i play with a very power hungry style (survive to all the modded invasions (zergs, zombies etc. require a lot of power with ed shields and M.V.Turrets) so for me its not a problem that is 2500W.
My second objective was to make this mod a little more attractive.
But if you want i can make a version at 1500w, its just one line of code to change.
Does that you want ?

deadlyreg

Whoops! I missed that you'd adjusted the power output on the generator; my design intention was to match the work/output of processing the wood in a similar way to other materials and 50% more power was in line with that. The major benefit of the generator is to condense the fuel and reduce refuelling by using Chemfuel, rather than upping output quite so much.

I'll make my own adjustments this weekend but the output should only be 1500W to be more in line with vanilla.

Ashardalon411

ok ! Sorry for that, i thought well do... :-[

But i am curious, i will make some test for double the consomption rate (150 chemfuel for two weeks), the chemfuel capacity to 150 and push the power output to 3000. I think keep this version for my personnal use, but i want see if this testing version still balanced (for don't do the same error), does you have keep you equations ?   ;)

deadlyreg

DDRMANIAC007

OP you forgot to mark the mod for A17.
The game says the mod was built for 0.16.1393.

Canute

1. I think you add the wrong file to the attachment, at the about.xml is no info about the power generation.

2. I just want ask,
why should a chemfuel fueled generator deliver more power then a
generator behind a steam/sterling engine ?
The generator should be allways the same, just the method to create the mechanical rotation is different.

A chemfueld generator is prolly more fuel and space efficient then a woodfueled one.

Ashardalon411

1. I have delete my post who apparently be too complicated, and i have do two attachment for the A17 1500 and A17 2500 W.
It will be easy now.

2. 1500W is half than the 3000W of the geothermal generator and same the version at 2500W is'nt more than 3000W.
At start of this point, i don't anderstand which is your intention:
You think that 2500 W is too high or you think the diesel generator must be at 3000 W ?  ???

Canute

I don't care if you made them 1500,2500,3000 or 30000.
I just want say The chemfuel and the woodfuel should have the same generator. That means ingame, when you research/unlock that the woodfuel should have the same poweroutput.
Ok since this mod don't got a research, you just should inject that the fueled generator got the same poweroutput then chemfueled one.