[A17] Diesel Generators (1.1) - Chemfuel burning power plants

Started by deadlyreg, March 03, 2017, 03:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadlyreg

My little mod is now up and running for A17! Find it in the description above as I'm sure everyone is excited to have it.
Quote from: Canute on June 15, 2017, 08:51:50 AM
I don't care if you made them 1500,2500,3000 or 30000.
I just want say The chemfuel and the woodfuel should have the same generator. That means ingame, when you research/unlock that the woodfuel should have the same poweroutput.
Ok since this mod don't got a research, you just should inject that the fueled generator got the same poweroutput then chemfueled one.

The reason the output is higher is based on the return from working; with food and clothing the value multiplier for working is around 1.5, which is to say you get 150% of what you put in with some gating of skill (e.g. 0.8 nutrition of raw food becomes 1.2 for a fine meal) so a boost in yield seemed appropriate.

The duration was a function of the duration of burning wood with a multiplier based on the amount of work to convert wood into chemfuel. I don't have my working to hand but it was around 60 units of work I think? I used the return from the brewing table as a base to work that out.

If it simply had the return of a wood generator it wouldn't have a place, as it is it's a little more effort to run for a larger return in efficiency.

zarathustra_bezbozhnik

Thanks a lot, deadlyreg!

We don't need no solar power,
Give us car bon dio xide!
..and some rads on top, maybe))

deadlyreg

Quote from: zarathustra_bezbozhnik on June 17, 2017, 02:01:05 PM
Thanks a lot, deadlyreg!

We don't need no solar power,
Give us car bon dio xide!
..and some rads on top, maybe))

Just wait for step 2, where the chemfuel generators produce fumes while operating. Release TBA

thinkpad

Canute

About the effectivity:
70 wood -> 35 chemfuel.
fuelConsumptionRate     22 (wood)  5.5 (chemfuel)

5.5 if you count that in wood, 11.
And since both got the same fuelcap, the chemfuel generator would run 4 times longer.
This mean you just need half the wood a fueled generator would burn.
Thats is one reason why i think both generators should have the same power output.

thinkpad

deadlyreg

Quote from: thinkpad on June 28, 2017, 10:57:54 PM
Is that possible?  Re-uploading A16 version?

Not a bother, I'll add it later tonight. Just a few lines of code to change.

SNKcell

I think your mod is just fine, power output and all, great blue glow

Thanks for the mod

thinkpad

Quote from: deadlyreg on June 29, 2017, 04:29:17 AM
Quote from: thinkpad on June 28, 2017, 10:57:54 PM
Is that possible?  Re-uploading A16 version?

Not a bother, I'll add it later tonight. Just a few lines of code to change.

Thanks

Ashardalon411

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on June 14, 2017, 05:56:08 AM
But i am curious, i will make some test for double the consomption rate (150 chemfuel for two weeks), the chemfuel capacity to 150 and push the power output to 3000. I think keep this version for my personnal use, but i want see if this testing version still balanced (for don't do the same error), does you have keep you equations ?   ;)
@Deadlyreg, some week have pass, now does you have the answer to this question ? Already ty

thinkpad

Any chance of getting that A16 link for this please?  You said you were gonna to add it to the first post 2 weeks ago.