[A17] Priority Treatment

Started by Aristocat, March 04, 2017, 09:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristocat

Priority Treatment

Description:

Colonists priority treating wounds over sleeping, eating and joy.

This mod set doctoring as same priority as firefighting, as in emergency. Doctoring should be set as priority 1.

Example :

Click to see larger image.

Vanilla

W/ Priority Treatment

Ludmila and Wallace woke up from bed to treat patients.

Download:

Priority Treatment  v1.1

Known issues:

Please report any bugs, oddities or suggestions.

Incompatibilities:

It should be save compatible and can be removed from save.

Please report any incompatibilities.

LICENSE :

You can do whatever you want with mods as long as you credit the original author.

Change log :

Updated to A17
Now self treatment, animal treatment are also emergency.
Released.

Lethe

What's that gui mod you're using? The one on the right that looks like it'll stay on the screen even if you click other stuff on the screen.

This mod seems like it justs does what settings doctoring to 1 in vanilla? But I guess that only works for work hours or...? I'm not following exactly how it's different. Could you clarify?

Also, if the doctor wakes up to tend to a patient do they still get the disturbed sleep debuff? :\   

SpaceDorf

Thats Moody.

Shows the Mood and Jobs of your pawns .. and it stays on top, or you can close it by clicking on the arrow in the top right.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Aristocat

Quote from: Lethe on March 04, 2017, 11:15:10 AM
This mod seems like it justs does what settings doctoring to 1 in vanilla? But I guess that only works for work hours or...? I'm not following exactly how it's different. Could you clarify?

Also, if the doctor wakes up to tend to a patient do they still get the disturbed sleep debuff? :\   

In vanilla even if you set doctoring to 1 they don't start treating if they have other serious issues i.e. filling joy, eating, sleeping or they need treatment. This mod make tending as emergency and will take priority over every job if it's set to 1.

I think they do priority tending over sleeping if you set it to work hour.

If they started sleeping first and patient need treating afterward they don't automatically cancel their job(currently sleeping) but you can draft and undraft them and they'll do it. Drafting them will cause disturbed sleeping however.

This is pretty much same as firework. If you don't set firework to 1 they take other jobs over the firework.

Lethe

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 04, 2017, 11:32:16 AM
Thats Moody.

Shows the Mood and Jobs of your pawns .. and it stays on top, or you can close it by clicking on the arrow in the top right.

Thanks! Installing it right now! Gui. I need all the gui's. Especially the floating permanent kind.
Link for anyone else curious: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28690.0

Quote from: Aristocat on March 04, 2017, 11:54:53 AM
In vanilla even if you set doctoring to 1 they don't start treating if they have other serious issues i.e. filling joy, eating, sleeping or they need treatment. This mod make tending as emergency and will take priority over every job if it's set to 1.

I think they do priority tending over sleeping if you set it to work hour.

If they started sleeping first and patient need treating afterward they don't automatically cancel their job(currently sleeping) but you can draft and undraft them and they'll do it. Drafting them will cause disturbed sleeping however.

This is pretty much same as firework. If you don't set firework to 1 they take other jobs over the firework.

TBF, the Doc really needed to play billards. It was very important. Of course, no one wants to do firework! You really expect us to want to put out these fires with our hands and feet?! Ugh. -8 feeling terrible

Hmmm, I can see a scenario where your doc is more banged up than your other pawn, but they're treating the bruised guy while they're bleeding out. :\  Some sort of check might be useful to deal with those occasions.

Igan

Is there a Steam release planned?

Igan

Don't worry! The mod works extremely fine so far.

Keep it with the good work!

zenfiero

I'm looking forward to trying this mod; however, unless I am missing something, at the time of this post the Priority-Treatment section of the repository contains only a license file and a readme.

Fregrant

Great. Always was angered, why doctors gone playing a chess or stargazing, while their comrades are bleeding to death in the hospital. Yeah, joy or meal are soo serious issues.
Quote from: Lethe on March 04, 2017, 01:30:33 PM
Hmmm, I can see a scenario where your doc is more banged up than your other pawn, but they're treating the bruised guy while they're bleeding out. :\  Some sort of check might be useful to deal with those occasions.
Either we simply decide which is more important, tend self or tend others, either we should to code a .dll with checks and so on. It seems.

Lethe

Quote from: Fregrant on May 31, 2017, 07:43:59 AM
Great. Always was angered, why doctors gone playing a chess or stargazing, while their comrades are bleeding to death in the hospital. Yeah, joy or meal are soo serious issues.

-Removed my post you quoted for visual simplicity-

Either we simply decide which is more important, tend self or tend others, either we should to code a .dll with checks and so on. It seems.

That post was from back from March for A16, before we had self tend. Obviously this is not particularly relevant anymore for A17. Yay for self tending! :)

@Aristocat Glad to see animal treatment added into the list! :D Some animals lives matter too! [Except for like, chickens.]

Just in case anyone is wondering, this mod does not remove the disturbed sleep debuff for waking up. [Not saying it should...] Also, if you catch your pawns makin' love instead of sleeping you can safely draft them for work with no penalties at that time. [Or whenever sleep is like higher than 75% full.] Currently there's no debuff for being cock blocked. :D

Ser Kitteh

OH THANK YOU I NEEDED THIS!

Btw, what mod adds that wall pillar with the light on it? I had it before, but I forgot the name.

Crustypeanut

This mod is easily updated to B18, just change the target version and vuala!

Losing is ‼Fun‼

tchiseen

This mod no longer functions in B18, pawns do not treat doctoring as an emergency.