[1.0-B18] Don't Shave Your Head, Ushanka, Metro Armory, Music, and more!

Started by Dark_Inquisitor, March 04, 2017, 02:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lethe

Thanks for the music mod! Looks like it should play nice with p-music.

For anyone else curious about the music mod (Verge of Galaxy): It fits the game well, it's a tad bit more country than game-y [compared to the OST which has a more of an ambient electronic feel to it's country-ish style]. The mod has some skilled folks playing guitar. It's country. It's good. No lyrics. Solid choice if you feel like country fits Rimworld (which it does).

Thanks!

Dark_Inquisitor

...Hello everyone. Sorry for being silent for so long (University...).
Everything is updated to run on RimWorld 17b. Also, I need to mention that Metro Armory and Vanilla-like Wheat received some tweaks so they blend better into the general feel of the game.
If you notice bugs/problems/things that need to be balanced - post all of that here.
About VOG - it'll still run fine with the newest version of the game, but if you want to get rid of that nasty warning message, all you have to do is change   <targetVersion>0.16.1393</targetVersion> to <targetVersion>0.17.1557</targetVersion> in the .../Mods/VergeOfGalaxy16.0/About/About.txt
Also, I'll try to upload a video to YouTube within few days so all the people who are unsure wether they want to download it or not can listen to the music first.

Umbreon117

Nice mods, but what really interested me the most?

All the text in the reserved areas. XD
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Neitronus

Any chance for CE compat version of Metro Armory? I mean i totaly can do it myself using CE guides but it's much better if original author could look for stats and adapt them according to his initial design.

PixelBitZombie

Curious if you planned on making a Metro universe, factions, monsters etc., I think this would be a goldmine. Metro is such a fascinating series with great lore. Definitely giving the music and weapons a try.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

Dark_Inquisitor

Quote from: Neitronus on June 29, 2017, 02:33:20 AM
Any chance for CE compat version of Metro Armory? I mean i totaly can do it myself using CE guides but it's much better if original author could look for stats and adapt them according to his initial design.
You can be sure that I'll do it, but it's not my top priority right now

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on June 29, 2017, 05:51:35 AM
Curious if you planned on making a Metro universe, factions, monsters etc., I think this would be a goldmine. Metro is such a fascinating series with great lore. Definitely giving the music and weapons a try.
Now that is the thing that is my priority ;)
I'm in the process of designing and listing what do I actually want to do and put in there, so I can't tell you exactly how it'll look like, but:
- there will be at least one faction(s)
- Ushanka will be expanded, so i'll contain some stuff for the faction
- there will be a monster pack, they will appear in-game mostly through events, like extereme man-hunting packs
- maybe metro-themed event pack (that would include animals?... I dunno)

How much time it'll take me? I have no idea. Could be a week, could be months. Good news is that my exams are almost finished and I'll have alot of time to fiddle with mods again ;)

Aszrayel

The links under Stuffed Vents go to the Vanilla-like Wheat mod on Nexus.

Hivemind

Great Music selection in the music mod.

Do you upload your mods to Steam?  I tried to find it there, but could not. It's ok, I got it from Nexus.
I ask because I wanted more people to be able to experience your fine mods.

Dark_Inquisitor

New mod released - Don't Shave Your Hair!

Pictures tell more than a thousand words, so:

...Yes. You won't have to shave your hair just to put sunglasses on!
And yet again - I really want to emphasize that this mod would not exist if not NoImageAvailable.

PixelBitZombie

I nabbed this hair/hat mod, hoping it works with facialstuff, at least from what I read its most of what you said is compatible was made from facialstuff.

I meant to ask you this awhile back but forgot, the links you have on Verge, they only link to a16, not a17b. Even if its 17b but doesn't say it, it still doesn't seem to work in game. Any idea why if the version is correct with just an incorrect version number?
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

Dark_Inquisitor

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on July 15, 2017, 07:53:05 PM
I nabbed this hair/hat mod, hoping it works with facialstuff, at least from what I read its most of what you said is compatible was made from facialstuff.
Honestly, i'm afraid it won't work with facialstuff :(

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on July 15, 2017, 07:53:05 PM
I meant to ask you this awhile back but forgot, the links you have on Verge, they only link to a16, not a17b. Even if its 17b but doesn't say it, it still doesn't seem to work in game. Any idea why if the version is correct with just an incorrect version number?
Truth is, it's all good,  but it's just showing the bad version. It should load normally, but if for some reasons it's not, i'll upload specifically A17b too :)

Omnicast

Can we get some love for Rimsenal Hair pack? Thanks~! Great mods by the way!

Mufflamingo

Quote from: Dark_Inquisitor on July 15, 2017, 07:30:00 PM
New mod released - Don't Shave Your Hair!

Pictures tell more than a thousand words, so:

...Yes. You won't have to shave your hair just to put sunglasses on!
And yet again - I really want to emphasize that this mod would not exist if not NoImageAvailable.

How is this different from this https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33575.msg348890#msg348890
Bleeeee. . . . .