[1.0-B18] Don't Shave Your Head, Ushanka, Metro Armory, Music, and more!

Started by Dark_Inquisitor, March 04, 2017, 02:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiteEmUp

-- bookmarked --

I'm interested in "Dont shave your head" mod... i'm currently running headgear frame mod, and apparello seems not compatible with that mod coz i'm getting bald pawns whenever i wear headgear from that mod... i don't know if the mod author is still planning to maintain that mod, so now im looking for alternatives...

i already looked at this mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33575.msg348890#msg348890, and it seems a no go coz it is incompatible with Children and preggers mod...

i'm hoping your mod can fill the gap on the head of my pawns by helping them prevent baldness lol

Dark_Inquisitor

First of all, sorry for not being here for quite some time. I was busy with the irl stuff, and as you may know, it's always more important. That's why I tend to have pretty long brakes in my activity here.

Quote from: Gelo on August 18, 2017, 08:30:34 PM
Hey, I was playing with "Vanilla-like wheat" mod for some time, and now have a bug report:
Operating milling stone and milling machine is considered a cooking job, it speeds up with high cooking skill, but it increases pawn's crafting skill instead of cooking and all the bills have "Allowed crafting skill" slider instead of "Allowed cooking skill". This is kinda confusing. :-\ Since grinding looks much more like a cooking than tailoring/smithing/crafting goods - I suggest you make grinding a legit cooking job!
That's all, everything else is working fine. :D
Thank you for feedback! I'll fix that in the next release. I might also add few other improvments ;)

Quote from: LiteEmUp on August 19, 2017, 02:52:46 AM
-- bookmarked --

I'm interested in "Dont shave your head" mod... i'm currently running headgear frame mod, and apparello seems not compatible with that mod coz i'm getting bald pawns whenever i wear headgear from that mod... i don't know if the mod author is still planning to maintain that mod, so now im looking for alternatives...

i already looked at this mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33575.msg348890#msg348890, and it seems a no go coz it is incompatible with Children and preggers mod...

i'm hoping your mod can fill the gap on the head of my pawns by helping them prevent baldness lol

Well, to be honest, incompabilities with mods such as Child & Preg. mods may occur, as it mess with the game quite a bit. But I'm not a C# guy, so I can't tell you much about it in the detail.
As for DSYH, it should work with majority of the mods (that don't mess with the pawns) and all of the xml mods.

Also side note here - compability textures for Rimsenal hair pack are about 80/90% done, I just need to find some time to finish few of them and then release it.

NoImageAvailable

DSYH is potentially compatible with other mods that change pawn rendering, assuming they also use Harmony transpilers instead of detours to make their changes. All the other "show hair with helmet" type mods I've seen were using detours which are inherently incompatible with anything modifying the same methods.

C&P is also using transpilers nowadays so should in theory be compatible with DSYH.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

sirskips

Nice job but could you do a version without the music. the way rimworld loads music files is hard on memory the less you have the better. I even use a mod that turns vanilla music off.

Dark_Inquisitor

Quote from: sirskips on August 27, 2017, 07:24:47 AM
Nice job but could you do a version without the music. the way rimworld loads music files is hard on memory the less you have the better. I even use a mod that turns vanilla music off.
I'm not sure if I understood you correctly...
...If you're reffering to the Verge Of Galaxy music mod, it's ONLY a music mod...
That means, if you don't want any music, just don't download it... My mods are completly fine on their own.

Dark_Inquisitor

Hello everyone!
New update for Don't Shave Your Head is here!
It adds a compability for Rimsenal Hair Pack hairstyles (load DSYH and Rimsenal Hair Pack. Simple! ;) )

Dark_Inquisitor

Hello everyone!
I've just made a new mod - Patchwork Textiles.
Now you can solve one of the most annoying RimWorld nuances - tons of leather and wool that can't be used because they have different types!

Crow_T

(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Dark_Inquisitor

Hello and welcome!
This time I updated Vanilla-like Wheat.
Summing up version 17.1:
- crafting skill required to operate querns is now changed to cooking;
- doubled the amount of items on the input and output of the recipes;
- processing wheat now gives you off hay instead of straw;
- straw now DOES NOT SPOIL;
- to get straw, you have to build (and use!) Hay Rack (to dry hay and get straw);
- visual candy - immature wheat is now green.

I'd like to thank here Kubouch for his Universal Frementer mod (I used it to make Hay Rack)

Igan

Hey, is StuffedVents still working on B18?

Am searching all my old mods to burn my time again

Dark_Inquisitor

Quote from: Igan on November 21, 2017, 11:39:34 PM
Hey, is StuffedVents still working on B18?

Am searching all my old mods to burn my time again

I know that you, and probably some people are annoyed that my mods are not updated yet, but i'm going through pretty tough time on my university, so yeah.
On the other hand, today is my day off, so i'll update what i can.

Crow_T

Quote from: Dark_Inquisitor on November 22, 2017, 08:01:54 AM
I know that you, and probably some people are annoyed that my mods are not updated yet, but i'm going through pretty tough time on my university, so yeah.
On the other hand, today is my day off, so i'll update what i can.

As much as I love some of these mods Uni Priority= [1]
:D
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Dark_Inquisitor

Ushanka, Stuffed Vents and Patchwork Textiles updooted to version B18.
Rest should be done before end of this week.

Zookes

Oh goodness it's still alive! I love you I love you, thank you thank you!