[1.0-B18] Don't Shave Your Head, Ushanka, Metro Armory, Music, and more!

Started by Dark_Inquisitor, March 04, 2017, 02:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark_Inquisitor

Quote from: Zookes on November 24, 2017, 06:43:08 AM
Oh goodness it's still alive! I love you I love you, thank you thank you!
...Many thanks! One could wish to have such support! :D

Another 2 mods updooted:

• Vanilla-like wheat to B18:

• milling stone and immature wheat should look a little bit better
    • made use of the new Universal Fermenter mod
  • Verge Of Galaxy music mod to B18:

• 2 new songs added:

• Uluru by Purple Planet (www.purple-planet.com)
      • Shifting Sands Purple Planet (www.purple-planet.com)
    • 1 song removed:

• Hundred of Miles

Adventurer

Hey, did you notice the Nackblad Hair update? It breaks compatibility with Shaved Heads entirely so I thought you should know.

Crow_T

(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

AseaHeru

Dark_Inquisitor

Hello everyone!
An updoot of Metro Armory to RimWorld B18 has arrived.
Weapons are re-balanced to better fit their roles and holes they are supposed to fill (again...)
I've also refreshed the texture set so it fits the vanilla a little bit better. But if you feel that old ones were better - there's a version with the old textures too.
Another small change that i made was renaming the category under which all the weapons are under - istead of Metro Armory it's now called Type M. weapons. Why did I do that? In my recent play-through I've noticed that it was breaking game immersion a bit - so I've decided to change it.
As always, if you have anyting to report, please do so.
>>click to jump to the post<<

Wemd

Harry_Dicks

I've been reviewing this thread, and all the mods in it. And I must say, hats off to the author. Everything is so well laid out, great mods, great art style, just everything is so damn nice. The Patchwork Leathers RimWorld font even has little stitching in it. C'mon man, that is some real dedication. And I really appreciate all this little attention to detail. It lets me know that some real heart got put into this work, and I think the author deserves some recognition. Also look how there are links to everything you could ever need. Downloads, direct downloads, steam, alternate or old versions, etc. The author has tried to take care of anything you could need, and it really shows!

One of the other things that has me excited for the future, is how many reserved posts there are for future mods! All the more reason to want to come back to check up on this thread. I'm also glad I came back to check it, too, because I had totally passed over the Patchwork Leather mod before and now that's just what I was looking for!

Anyway OP I was curious what program you used to make your textures for DSYH with new hair styles. I have a little bit of time on my hands, and have been learning some stuff with Paint.net recently. I might give it a shot with some of Roppoi or Xeva hairstyles, although I am probably not going to make them look well, but I still want to try :) Do you have any recommended setups or programs that made things easier? I feel like if I could get in the groove of making the first few, the following won't be too tough. It's just getting to the point where I can make them look decent within a decent amount of time.

Right now, the only hair mods I use are the ones supported by DSYH, but I also want to expand with Roppoi and Xena's hair mods. Would it be possible for us to just get a rough estimate on when (if we are even getting them) we could possibly expect it? I understand sometimes people don't want to say dates because then that can set others up for disappointment. But my reason for asking was that if it was going to be a few months at least, then I might try to make them for myself, until we get the official releases.

Also, do you have any hints or tips on getting started making textures look how you do with either your weapons or apparel? The Metro Armory textures, it just looks so very beautiful to me, like it really belongs in vanilla, and I wish I could replicate this style.

Finally, could we get any hints as to what might occupy then next "reserved" mod slot in this thread? ;D

Thank you for all of your hard work. I am especially appreciative of DSYH. Without it, pawns would look like crap!

EDIT: Also, if we use the option from the regular RW options screen "Only show hats on map" so that our colonists on the colonists' bar up top are displayed with their hat/helmet taken off, so that you can see their face. But with DSYH running, it will show what their "special" hair looks like, if they are having to use a special texture from your mod because they had headgear on. Could there be some sort of flag, so that if you have this vanilla option turned on, that the pawns picture in the bar up top will show them with regular hair, but then when we see pawns anywhere else on the map, they still have all the proper looks coming from your mod?

I ask because if I want to use Roppoi or Xena's hair mod, I may want to turn on the RimWorld option to "Disable hats except for world map" so that way in my colonists' bar I can see these hair styles, and not have the game "shave their heads". ;) Or maybe an option within DSYH to allow us to turn on the "disable hats" option for only pawns who's hairstyles are not supported by DSYH. I think that last part may sound a bit confusing...

Essentially, I want to have DSYH enabled, but for hairstyles not that are not supported by it, have for them, and only them, the RimWorld option enabled for "Don't show hats except on world map". Would something like this be possible?

Harry_Dicks

In Metro armory there are two sound def bugs, the mod is trying to use InteractPistol for a sound, but RW has only InteractAutopistol and I think the other one is revolver, it was for two knife sounds, here is one of them.

Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.SoundDef named InteractPistol found to give to Verse.ThingDef MeleeWeapon_LKnife (using undefined sound instead)
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.WantedRefForObject:TryResolve(FailMode)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:ResolveAllWantedCrossReferences(FailMode)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Ruisuki

whats the flour for? Another mod or is it used in new cooking recipes? Or is it a filler like berries are in some vanilla meals?
---

Mate theres quite a few patch leather mods out here(I counted at least 4) and i gotta tell you i chose yours because it didnt add excessive reclaim fabric features, but more than that the patchwork texture looks sleek. Good job.

Canute

QuoteShort desc of processing chain:
- Grow wheat
- Process it to hay and flour
- Use flour to make meals (cannot be eaten raw).
- (optionally) dry hay to make straw!

Dark_Inquisitor

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 07, 2018, 06:17:28 AM
~Alot of stuff~
I uh... Thanks man. I don't think that I've heard such nice words in such a way ever before. It really brings a tear to my eye knowing that someone is enjoying my mods so much :)

Anyway OP I was curious what program you used to make your textures for DSYH with new hair styles. I have a little bit of time on my hands, and have been learning some stuff with Paint.net recently. I might give it a shot with some of Roppoi or Xeva hairstyles, although I am probably not going to make them look well, but I still want to try :) Do you have any recommended setups or programs that made things easier? I feel like if I could get in the groove of making the first few, the following won't be too tough. It's just getting to the point where I can make them look decent within a decent amount of time.
To be honest, i do each hairstyle by hand in Gimp 2.8. I start with a hair texture, then i put a head overlay over it, cut it to the desired shape, add a missing outline, and that's it.
Also, i think it's important here to note that even though i like drawing, I'm not an artist or anything by any means, that's why stuff takes me so much time.

Right now, the only hair mods I use are the ones supported by DSYH, but I also want to expand with Roppoi and Xena's hair mods. Would it be possible for us to just get a rough estimate on when (if we are even getting them) we could possibly expect it? I understand sometimes people don't want to say dates because then that can set others up for disappointment. But my reason for asking was that if it was going to be a few months at least, then I might try to make them for myself, until we get the official releases.
Honestly, i recently passed winter semester on my uni, so i'll spent here 2-3 weeks before going to "sleep mode" here again. This means If i won't do anything in that time, it's very unlikely that I'll make anything for next few months. I know it sucks, but hey, i'm not going to lie about it. That's how it is.
If anything, I'll try to update Spoon's hair compability and add Xeva hair compability. Roppoi hair mod is just too big for me to handle. that's what she said!

Also, do you have any hints or tips on getting started making textures look how you do with either your weapons or apparel? The Metro Armory textures, it just looks so very beautiful to me, like it really belongs in vanilla, and I wish I could replicate this style.
I work in Gimp 2.8 and Inkscape. Fist give you nice options for normal pixelart/shading/texturing, latter gives you alot of control over the shapes and scalability. Vector graphics (Inkscape) are also easier to modify and work with (at least in my opinion).
As for making art... It's hard to say. Take your time and don't push it. When i was making all these hats and stuff, i was looking at real photos from the google from few perspectives, then trying to recreate it. Again, vecor graphics gives you heve nice options to trace/reshape things.

Finally, could we get any hints as to what might occupy then next "reserved" mod slot in this thread? ;D
I'm just about to release American Civil War Weapons that i re-wrote from A14 (originally made by Anonemous2) ;)

EDIT: Also, if we use the option from the regular RW options screen "Only show hats on map" so that our colonists on the colonists' bar up top are displayed with their hat/helmet taken off, so that you can see their face. But with DSYH running, it will show what their "special" hair looks like, if they are having to use a special texture from your mod because they had headgear on. Could there be some sort of flag, so that if you have this vanilla option turned on, that the pawns picture in the bar up top will show them with regular hair, but then when we see pawns anywhere else on the map, they still have all the proper looks coming from your mod?

I ask because if I want to use Roppoi or Xena's hair mod, I may want to turn on the RimWorld option to "Disable hats except for world map" so that way in my colonists' bar I can see these hair styles, and not have the game "shave their heads". ;) Or maybe an option within DSYH to allow us to turn on the "disable hats" option for only pawns who's hairstyles are not supported by DSYH. I think that last part may sound a bit confusing...

Essentially, I want to have DSYH enabled, but for hairstyles not that are not supported by it, have for them, and only them, the RimWorld option enabled for "Don't show hats except on world map". Would something like this be possible?
To be honest, NoImageAvailabe stands behind coding work. I'm C# noob and hardly understand anything from it. But hey, we'll see about that.

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 13, 2018, 09:16:46 AM
In Metro armory there are two sound def bugs, the mod is trying to use InteractPistol for a sound, but RW has only InteractAutopistol and I think the other one is revolver, it was for two knife sounds, here is one of them.
I'll fix that in the next release (probably tommorow).

Also damn, that's one long post.

Dark_Inquisitor

Today is my big day - I've finally released American Civil War Weapons mod. It's a very small mod that adds few weapons from the era and a gatling turret. So... What's special about it? Well... This mod was one of the first mods that I ever installed, and later on it got me into the modding. So I guess I owe it updating to the B18 from A14 (it has been a while...). (ye' olde A14 version post)
Many thanks to Anonemous2 for allowing me to work on it.
---
Metro Armory updated (both old and new texture versions); it'll no longer display any error messages. I was also quite surprised to discover that melee weapons have no pick-up sounds (somehow I didn't notice it until now), but i decided to leave mine with them anyway. I've also added translation to my native language - Polish.

Harry_Dicks

Hell yeah, awesome! I'm always so happy when you put out some fantastic new artwork for us. They textures look really great, and will help fill a technological gap that vanilla seems to have.

Thanks for this! ;D

Harry_Dicks

So I've been really torn recently, but I ended up sticking with DSYH. I had been messing around with Facial Stuff, but I kept having so many other errors and issues that everything seems so much better that I've turned it off. Reason I wanted to use it, was because it supported all hair styles added by mods. But it had the extra baggage of the other stuff in it that I didn't want.

Anyway, I have also recently discovered the Kantai Hair Collection Mod that I have been wanting to use in addition to the fantastic Roppoi Hair Mod. But, seeing as these aren't yet supported by DSYH, I am a little disappointed. I wanted to throw this other hair mod out there of possible candidates for future support, because it does seem pretty interesting (Kantai).

Finally, would there be any chance of a possible update on the chances of DSYH getting support for either Kantai or Roppoi hair mods at some point in the maybe not too distant future? If there aren't any plans for it to happen anytime soon, maybe we could pool together some funds as a community to commission someone to complete these? Does anyone know how much something like this would cost? And/or anyone who could do it for a reasonable amount?

I really want to keep DSYH because it makes everything it supports look perfect, because everything is configured by hand and not automated. The downside is that we won't always have immediate support for any new hairstyles added by mods.