How long you think before we get a news update from Tynan?

Started by jpinard, March 06, 2017, 03:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpinard

I don't want to rush the next update, but I'm curious to hear some news on what's going on ie. the dev path being taken.  It's been nearly a month since the last post on the main Ludeon page.

CrazyEyes

If he's working though bugs and balance issues at the moment, which I believe he is, then there's probably no blog post because that sort of work doesn't make for very interesting reading. :P
Before you talk to me, I should warn you: I am kind of strange.

Xav

I always enjoyed reading the change log.  I was disappointed when Tynan stopped updating it.

publicuser

One month passed since last blog, hope Tynan give us some info about A17

Dorian

He's surely busy, and I can only assume he has a life as well.  Be happy the game is a playable as is it.  Many others out there have left their players with a broken,unfinished or unplayable game for months, years even.

O Negative

Tynan has never given any of us a reason to believe he would abandon RimWorld. When he felt he needed a break, he informed us of it and did what he thought was necessary for RimWorld to continue to progress in the right direction. Too many devs get burned out and lose passion for their projects; leading to many abandoned titles. One month since the latest news update isn't long.

To be honest, the poll he made on these forums may have led him to choose to wait for A17 to have more features before release. That takes a certain number of phases, each phase taking time. I'll be happy to see what A17 has to offer when it comes. I don't know about anyone else, but for me each alpha has felt more impactful than its predecessor, and that's an amazing feeling.

BetaSpectre

To be honest I'm sure that the project grew much larger than even he expected it to.
Quite a few people would want to make use of their new found capital and resources.

With the caravan update, I haven't been interested in more just yet xD.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Perq

I'm nobody from nowhere who knows nothing about anything.
But you are still wrong.

DanielCoffey

He's bugfixin'... because I got an update to one of my bug reports saying it was addressed for A17.
Caselabs S8 : Intel 7700K 5.0GHz 1.30V / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS 780 Ti 3Gb 1274 boost, 7800 mem / Samsung 850 Pro 256Gb, 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX860I / APC SMT1000I / Linux Mint 18.1 64-bit

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Beider

Instead of making a new thread I'll just add this to this one, would be nice if we saw some more regular updates from Ludeon/Tynan about what is going on.

For instance another game I love and follow is Factorio, for those of you familiar with it you probably also follow their FFF (Factorio Friday Facts) posts. Basically every friday they post a blog post about the state of development. Sometimes it is something big, often just kind of a status update on whats going on. But as a person who love the game even if there has been very few updates for Factorio recently, it is nice to be able to follow what will be in the next version.

Would be nice to see something similar for Ludeon where we would get a bit of news about whats being developed on a regular schedule, even if it is once a month instead of once a week.

grinch

Renegrade

I'd be interested more about these little micro-patches I've been getting from Steam (the latest is 20.5 KB).  They're not workshop-content tagged, but I can't seem to figure out what's actually changed, if anything at all.

(It's probably some random Steam bug...)

skullywag

Guys we arent like other gaming communities, we are classy, we trust in our devs, they are working on it, it will be released when its ready. This has always been and always shall be the way. Sit back continue to enjoy A16, have some tea (so classy) and simply wait. When it drops you'll be happy as all hell, more so than if you knew it was coming.

Renegade that does sound like a steam thing, no patches have been released out.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

milon

Yeah, I've been getting those patches too.  They're definitely for the Steam client, and not a particular game.

Keep having faith.  Tynan is fixing bugs, which means he's active.  That doesn't tell us what kind of release to look for, or what timing to expect, but we know we can expect good things either way.  :)