Require Artist for Very Basic mod

Started by LittleComet94, March 29, 2017, 07:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleComet94

Hi,

I've made a very basic mod which I require an in-game/ preview artwork for. If anyone would be willing to give up an hour (if even) of their time to help out drop me a message.

I'm looking for a plan view (Top down) of a portable petrol generator. See attached.

Cheers!

LC94

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

XeoNovaDan

I'm not the greatest artist in the world, but I could have a shot if you still need somebody to do it after about 7 or 8 hours.

What's the size of the building? That pretty much determines the texture resolution (at least in my books)

Here's a sample of some sprites I've made for a weapon mod which I'm on the fence of continuing with: http://imgur.com/a/7ESja

LittleComet94

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on March 30, 2017, 02:38:18 AM
What's the size of the building? That pretty much determines the texture resolution (at least in my books)

Here's a sample of some sprites I've made for a weapon mod which I'm on the fence of continuing with: http://imgur.com/a/7ESja

That looks good to me, follows the Rimworld aesthetic. The building size is 1x1, although I'm thinking about making a small 1x1 and a slightly larger 2x1. The texture really doesn't need to be that detailed, just recognisable. If you're still up for it thank you!
LC94

XeoNovaDan

Alright, I'm back from school, caffeinated up, and ready to go!

I'll do a 128x128 texture for the small generator, and PM you when I'm done (both .png and GIMP image file)

LittleComet94

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on March 30, 2017, 10:33:46 AM
Alright, I'm back from school, caffeinated up, and ready to go!

I'll do a 128x128 texture for the small generator, and PM you when I'm done (both .png and GIMP image file)

Ideal! Thanks a lot man, appreciate it!

AngleWyrm

Try googling for related clip art, illustrations, and vector graphics. There's a lot of free stuff on familiar concepts.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh