[Mod Request] Smokeleaf oil

Started by Rimrue, March 07, 2017, 07:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimrue

I know basic painkiller mods have been requested before and are included in some advanced medicine mods, but I would like to request a simple (hopefully!) mod to add smokeleaf oil.

I've given a bit of thought to how it would work in the game and especially to keeping it balanced:

It would require researching (500 research points) and the drug lab to produce, but will offer the same painkilling effects as smokeleaf joints (×0.2) but won't have the speed penalty, consciousness penalty, or high on smokeleaf joy bonus. Also it won't cause asthma or carcinoma later in life for regular users. And has 0% addiction.

It would also require more smokeleaf plants and time to produce (8 smokeleaf and 8 time).

I think that would keep it balanced, while still being useful to players.

Oh, and for art I think the neutroamine sprite coloured green would work.

Thanks to anyone interested in giving this a go!

Rue

Rimrue

Forgot to mention it would still have the increased appetite penalty and it wouldn't stack. So taking more won't eliminate more pain.

Please let me know if you are interested in making this mod!

Thanks!

Rue

Waka

I've never tried making a custom research project before, but this sounds fun to try out. I'll give it a go, assuming I can figure out how drugs induce the painkilling effect, it should be pretty quick. This will be my fourth mod though, so I can't guarantee it will be perfect.

Waka

Rimrue

Awesome! Thanks so much!  :)

I just installed it and gave it a try with some colonists with scars, etc. and it works pretty much how I imagined.

Couple things I noticed:

1) Is it intentional that the work amount to make it is 60? It seems a little high. I figured 8 or 10 (or maybe even 20?) would be in line with existing values in the game. Especially since there's the initial research cost.

2) It still gives a +5 "high on smokeleaf oil" mood buff. I would prefer if it gives no high at all (like the real world stuff LOL). Again for balance purposes. I could see it becoming OP otherwise.

But otherwise it seems to work really great and I am excited to have it in the game. Been wanting a mild painkiller for a loooong time. :)

Thanks!!!

Waka

I can reduce the work down to 10. I'm actually not sure what will happen when I turn off the mood buff, I'll experiment with it a little. If all else fails, I'll set it at +1 because their pain is under control.

Waka

Also I credited you in the mod description.

Rimrue

Still enjoying this mod. Thanks!

I've discovered if you right click a colonist and ask them to take smokeleaf oil, they smoke it like a joint. Lol Is there a way to make them take it without the smoke?

Thanks again!

minimurgle

If I had to guess he used the smokeleaf as a base and the animation is sill attached. I don't have the game code open though so I could be wrong.
Don't mind the questions. I'm probably just confused.

Rimrue

Yes, that is my guess, too, but I am not a modder, so I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks!

minimurgle

If he doesn't respond pm me and I'll see what I can do.
Don't mind the questions. I'm probably just confused.

Rimrue

I will, thanks!

Also, I think the cost is unbalanced. It's currently something like $50 to sell. It should be more in line with the other drugs which I think are $10 to $20.

Waka

The mod has been updated, visual and audio effects are gone when consuming. I actually didn't even know how to get rid of that when I first made the mod. Value has also been reduced to $20.
Thanks for the feedback, sorry I missed this conversation until this morning. If you need to contact me, post on this thread https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30959.0 , I check this one daily.