Balance : Allow increased treatment quality, for routine cleaning of wounds

Started by mumblemumble, March 08, 2017, 02:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

Basically an idea for treatment of wounds to help flesh out the fleshy damages coding to damaged flesh : Make it so wounds can have their infection / scar chance lowered when cleaned, or otherwise tended to. Essentially, its an ongoing treatment, daily, to clean the wound, which provides a bonus against the scar / infection chance, but on the down side, is very time consuming, essentially multiplying the treatment time needed by doctors, by how many times they are cleaned.

On one hand, early on, without medicine, you have a chance to really heal someone reliably, and the rush for herbal meds, and others is less severe.

On the other, latergame, medicine becomes EXTREMELY important for a bustling colony, BUT, players still have the option to clean up open wounds to help with surgery, nasty wounds, or other issues

In other-words, basically implement the "disease" treatment to wounds, as another factor in healing quality.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

PetWolverine

+1. I've occasionally wished for a chance to re-bandage a wound and try for higher quality, but this sounds even better.

Aerial

+1 as well.  This would also help give your not-highest skilled doctor useful things to do.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Limdood

+1 from me as well, though i would hate to see a low skill doctor's contribution to routine cleaning be the same as a high skill doctor - however, the difference between the two doesn't need to be big...5-10% (on a scale from 0-20 medical skill) increase per day or something similar....no-skill doctors could still contribute, but min-max people can still get a benefit from getting a supersurgeon