Relation to Prison Architect

Started by Hypolite, September 16, 2013, 02:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ataraxist

^I am gonna have to agree. I think the art style is pretty awesome but I am not so sure how the public eye will see it... :/

Tynan

Okay, so, I'm not actually planning on real aliens in the game. However, you may encounter variations on humanity who have evolved or been engineered into pretty radical new forms. For example, a "dwarf" who is really just a person from a population that evolved to live on a high-gravity planet. Or people who have replaced parts of their bodies with machines. I'm interested in the breadth of forms that humanity could take given enough time and being disconnected enough from each other - as we would be if there were no faster-than-light travel.

To get an idea for the setting of the planet, think about the Old West. This is why it's called RimWorld - it's a planet at the galactic rim, the uncivilized frontier. So there may be police units who come and go - representatives of some Imperial authority somewhere. But like the marshals in the Old West, they won't be around all the time.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

In terms of art, we're not overhauling everything. I want to change the look of the characters, but not a ton more.

I think the way it looks works well for the top-down grid format.

thekillergreece

Quote from: Tynan on September 20, 2013, 12:34:49 PM
Okay, so, I'm not actually planning on real aliens in the game. However, you may encounter variations on humanity who have evolved or been engineered into pretty radical new forms. For example, a "dwarf" who is really just a person from a population that evolved to live on a high-gravity planet. Or people who have replaced parts of their bodies with machines. I'm interested in the breadth of forms that humanity could take given enough time and being disconnected enough from each other - as we would be if there were no faster-than-light travel.

To get an idea for the setting of the planet, think about the Old West. This is why it's called RimWorld - it's a planet at the galactic rim, the uncivilized frontier. So there may be police units who come and go - representatives of some Imperial authority somewhere. But like the marshals in the Old West, they won't be around all the time.

Sir...Planet=Space

Right?I dont want to make more mistakes :S. If thats right, how can Police Units come?I think you have to build Comms radio and find parts for it and energy to make it online and contact back-up..

The Ataraxist

Lol you are getting way into the suspension of disbelief... It might be a bit to early to tell, but I dont think this is guilligans island type of isolation. More like, you got stuck in Wyoming and no one wants to give you a ride...

Yarkista

Quote from: thekillergreece on September 21, 2013, 12:45:33 AM
Quote from: Tynan on September 20, 2013, 12:34:49 PM

Sir...Planet=Space

Right?I dont want to make more mistakes :S. If thats right, how can Police Units come?I think you have to build Comms radio and find parts for it and energy to make it online and contact back-up..

Yea, just chill out a bit and accept it man. ;)

Tynan

Quote from: The Ataraxist on September 21, 2013, 03:41:56 AM
Lol you are getting way into the suspension of disbelief... It might be a bit to early to tell, but I dont think this is guilligans island type of isolation. More like, you got stuck in Wyoming and no one wants to give you a ride...

More like, you're a European explorer shipwrecked in the Philippines in the 1600's. People actually did get shipwrecked and spend years buildings ships to get home. And they did end up interacting with the natives, or the representatives of hostile empires.