[A16] Get Over It - More reasonable mood debuff duration

Started by Aristocat, March 09, 2017, 06:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristocat

Get Over It

Description:

Get Over It decrease ridiculously long mood debuff to more reasonable hours. Also make a scar no longer permanent - 5 mood debuff. Prisoner part is separated due to OPness.

Features:

- Ate without table thought duration decreased to 30 minutes from 12 hours.
- Disturbed sleep thought duration decreased to 30 minutes from 12 hours.
- Was imprisoned thought duration decreased to 1 day from 5 days.
- Observed rotting/corpse thought duration decreased to 1 hour from 5 hours.
- Innocent prisoner died thought duration decreased to 2 days from 6 days.
- Rebuffed by/Had to rebuff thought duration decreased to 2 hours from 3 days.
- Little pain mood debuff decreased to 0 from 5.
- Moderate pain mood debuff decreased to 2 from 10.

Get Over It - Prisoner

- Someone's organ harvested thought duration decreased to 1 day from 7.5 days.
- Know guest/colonist/prisoner died thought duration decreased to 1 day from 7.5 days.
- Prisoner sold thought duration decreased to 1 day from 7.5 days.

Download:

Get Over It  v1.0

Get Over It - Prisoner  v1.0

Known issues:

Please report any bugs, oddities or suggestions.

Incompatibilities:

It should be save compatible and can be removed from save.

Please report any incompatibilities.

LICENSE :

You can do whatever you want with mods as long as you credit the original author.

xcontrax

Would love to add this to the game, but like the person above me said a bit OP.

Perhaps reduce the values by half instead of almost removing them completely
and I don't think removing the scar mood decrease is a good idea. As a person whom has a IRL surgery scar I can tell you sometimes it's painful. So if you're aiming for realism I say keep it.

But anyway I'm glad someone is making the effort to reduce the debuffs in the game, they do feel unrealistically too much.

Aristocat

Quote from: xcontrax on March 11, 2017, 12:25:07 AM
Would love to add this to the game, but like the person above me said a bit OP.

Perhaps reduce the values by half instead of almost removing them completely
and I don't think removing the scar mood decrease is a good idea. As a person whom has a IRL surgery scar I can tell you sometimes it's painful. So if you're aiming for realism I say keep it.

But anyway I'm glad someone is making the effort to reduce the debuffs in the game, they do feel unrealistically too much.

Reducing value by half will make it easier than reducing duration.

For instance, if you get - 30 mood for a day they will go berserk, but if you - 15 mood 3 days they won't and easier to prevent berserk with drugs or whatever.

Also, the problem with scar is that it's permanent mood loss with no way to prevent it(without other mods anyway.). You have scar doesn't mean you get depression, or double depression if you already have depression.

Dragoon

Thank goodness. I don't think it's op. Quite frankly there's no reason for you to be upset for 12 hours because you did not eat at the table. I know people who put their plates on their legs for Petes sake. The only two I'd be fine without would be innocent prison death and was imprisoned.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Aristocat

Quote from: Dragoon on March 11, 2017, 07:43:51 AM
Thank goodness. I don't think it's op. Quite frankly there's no reason for you to be upset for 12s because you did not eat at the table. I know people who put their plates on their legs for Petes sake. The only two I'd be fine without would be innocent prison death and was imprisoned.

Yeah I should've been made them prisoner part.

WereCat88

Maybe add some traits and make how long the mood debuff's last based on those traits? (is it even possible?)

Like if someone has the "Forgetful" (bad example on my part) trait the mood debuff's are shorter.
I am The Primal Mammelon