[B19] More Monstergirls

Started by junchan, March 09, 2017, 02:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightinggale

Quote from: junchan on November 20, 2017, 10:12:29 AMWhat about the ADS Patch?
Don't make patch mods for your own mod. Use PatchOperationFindMod instead. This allows you to make a patch file, which is only applied if a specific mod is loaded, meaning the main mod can include the patch mod. It's a great step forward, but for some reason the link I provided is more or less the only documentation on it.

Alternatively you can do the same thing (and more) with ModCheck.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

mvargus

Quote from: junchan on November 20, 2017, 10:12:29 AM
Another update.  Preliminary tweaks and refinements, adding some stuff that I felt should have been added by the original authors and the beginnings of a patch for A Dog Said.

Should I upload my changed version to steam? What about the ADS Patch?

I'd love to see it on steam.  That's really the easiest way for me to add it to my modlist.

thanks for the hard work.  :)

Tsunamy

They're cute and all, but I wish they were aliens rather than farm animals.

Nightinggale

Quote from: Tsunamy on November 20, 2017, 08:50:18 PMThey're cute and all, but I wish they were aliens rather than farm animals.
We all do. However now I start wondering about milking and shearing. I wonder what it would take to add this ability to humanlike pawns. It would actually be cool to add this feature to the alien framework.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Pez

I encounter an error when using this mod with the latest Prepare Carefully!  When viewing the animals, eventually I scroll down to a point that generates an on-going error.  I can stop the error by moving the log window and scrolling back up in the animals screen.  I cannot, however, scroll back down, or the on-going error happens again, and I cannot proceed.

[Edit: Added]
I believe it may have to do with the following: Impmother and Impmothermale

BlueWinds

Quote from: Nightinggale on November 20, 2017, 09:19:43 PM
Quote from: Tsunamy on November 20, 2017, 08:50:18 PMThey're cute and all, but I wish they were aliens rather than farm animals.
We all do. However now I start wondering about milking and shearing. I wonder what it would take to add this ability to humanlike pawns. It would actually be cool to add this feature to the alien framework.

Not quite all of us. I for one am quite happy with them as animals, and even prefer the version without cleaning / mining / simple tasks. I'm not opposed to a colonists version for other people (except that it's likely a lot of work and distracting from stuff I would use), but just wanted to chime in and say that I like the mod as-is. :)

Ojiji

Quote from: Pez on November 20, 2017, 10:03:36 PM
I encounter an error when using this mod with the latest Prepare Carefully!  When viewing the animals, eventually I scroll down to a point that generates an on-going error.  I can stop the error by moving the log window and scrolling back up in the animals screen.  I cannot, however, scroll back down, or the on-going error happens again, and I cannot proceed.

[Edit: Added]
I believe it may have to do with the following: Impmother and Impmothermale

Same here. The animals list in Prepare Carefully stop on Imp. Can't show the picture of Imp.

junchan

Ah, oops, there's always something isn't there? Sorry about that, fixing now.

Edit: Fregrant's fix resolves the Prepare Carefully problem, I'm integrating it now.  Once again, sorry for that folks.
Edit 2: Fixed version uploaded.  Thanks to Pez and Ojiji for reporting and thanks to Fregrant for providing the fix!

Pez

No issues now.  Thanks.  Now all we need is the ability to perform surgery on them, and we're all set.  It was a bit sad that one of the two Centaurs I started with was old and suffered dementia.

Keep up the great work!

Kiame

Got a fun stack trace. Every time a corpse of a dragon girl is on screen it's repeated:

Full text:
Exception drawing Dragongirl_Corpse94093: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.BodyPartRecord].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.BodyDef.GetPartAtIndex (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Hediff.get_Part () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.HediffSet.PartIsMissing (Verse.BodyPartRecord part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.HediffSet+<GetNotMissingParts>c__Iterator5.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[BodyPartRecord] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.HediffSet.get_HasHead () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (Vector3 drawLoc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Corpse.DrawAt (Vector3 drawLoc, Boolean flip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DrawDynamicThings()
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Removed the corpse from the save so no harm  :)

junchan

Quote from: Kiame on November 22, 2017, 10:17:58 PM
Got a fun stack trace. Every time a corpse of a dragon girl is on screen it's repeated:

Full text:
Exception drawing Dragongirl_Corpse94093: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.BodyPartRecord].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.BodyDef.GetPartAtIndex (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Hediff.get_Part () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.HediffSet.PartIsMissing (Verse.BodyPartRecord part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.HediffSet+<GetNotMissingParts>c__Iterator5.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[BodyPartRecord] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.HediffSet.get_HasHead () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (Vector3 drawLoc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Corpse.DrawAt (Vector3 drawLoc, Boolean flip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DrawDynamicThings()
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Removed the corpse from the save so no harm  :)

Interesting.  I'll have to look in to this...

Kiame

I have not had a chance to try to reproduce the dragon girl corpse errors, the corpse was in bone form if it makes a difference

junchan

Quote from: Kiame on November 23, 2017, 04:36:16 PM
I have not had a chance to try to reproduce the dragon girl corpse errors, the corpse was in bone form if it makes a difference

Right... because I've tried to reproduce it but i've had no luck.

Fregrant

Maybe it was some special corpse? Like missed head or something)
Looks like problem has relation to drawing and bodyparts.
Though did a quick test and cannot reproduce it.
Maybe just local-session engine error, once I got error spam from an extinguished fire.

Kiame

This might be a bug then with the base game. I remember too it was in a cave which i had not discovered until a year into the colony. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.