better marking for mods?

Started by exbeer, April 16, 2014, 11:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exbeer

i love the game and all the mods, but im having some trubble seeing what mod is upptodate with what the current game, is itt possible to mark it better ? i see ingame the newst release but i cant figuer out what number the mods put in to what version i am having, sorry to be a pain but i do have problems with it. is it possible to mark it better and or what version is working with what release ? or if enybody can help me figuer out what mod goes to what build  ? ide be for ever thank full :)

iame6162013

WHat? ... but the mods are like this: [MOD] (Alpha 3*) Mod Name

*or alpha 2 it's the version of rimeworld u are playing (there are bugfix version but those don't change modding so don't care about those ;) )

hope helps ???
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

confusedwings

Quote from: exbeer on April 16, 2014, 11:34:44 AM
i love the game and all the mods, but im having some trubble seeing what mod is upptodate with what the current game, is itt possible to mark it better ? i see ingame the newst release but i cant figuer out what number the mods put in to what version i am having, sorry to be a pain but i do have problems with it. is it possible to mark it better and or what version is working with what release ? or if enybody can help me figuer out what mod goes to what build  ? ide be for ever thank full :)

i know... just because somebody posted 'ok' it's back on top or in you 'unreaded post since last visit'... it would be good to have instead of 'new' a marking of 'update'... only showing when the 'creator' of the topic/mod changed something in his first post...

exbeer

ye i know it say alpha 3 and so on, but i get confused over alot of the V.numbers, and letters. like 3 V:A3E  and OUTDATED 532 Downloads " yes i know what outdated is, but ye you get it , but ye better marking for the mods i think woude make it a little better to know what is not uppto date and what is uppto date,  sp thank you for replaying :)

iame6162013

Quote from: exbeer on April 17, 2014, 10:37:47 AM
ye i know it say alpha 3 and so on, but i get confused over alot of the V.numbers, and letters. like 3 V:A3E  and OUTDATED 532 Downloads " yes i know what outdated is, but ye you get it , but ye better marking for the mods i think woude make it a little better to know what is not uppto date and what is uppto date,  sp thank you for replaying :)

ah those thing's those don't care about them :p (only care about the mod version to keep it up to date and the alpha version that u don't put alpha 2 mod in a alpha 3 game)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

jamieg

i think your referring to the mod pack.... since alpha 3 was released Ty has updated it to fix bugs, so first was alpha a then b ect V=version A3=alpha 3 and then its the letter to correspond which update of alpha 3 it is. but i will start posting with this 0.4.413 if that is better :)
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

jamieg

if you dont understand the versions your most probably playing the most up to date so dont DL anything that says out of date, the reason that the old version are still up because as the modpack gets bigger more gets added to the game filling up the items/buildings tab, for people with small screens like laptops the up to date mod pack has too much for some screens so it to ensure they can still find a smaller mod pack and not miss out :D
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Chaplain

You know I was just on my way in here to post the exact same topic.  Just a little bit in the title that says the current version, even if it's something completely made up like version maple.dachshund.quetzalcoatl, and the date on which that version was released would make things a lot easier.

exbeer

okey thank you jamieg, it was just a little frustraiting :)  but i can prob get a little better to understand the versions also :) thank you for taking the time to reply here :)

jamieg

Quote from: exbeer on April 17, 2014, 05:09:34 PM
okey thank you jamieg, it was just a little frustraiting :)  but i can prob get a little better to understand the versions also :) thank you for taking the time to reply here :)

NO NEED TO THANK ME i appreciate good feedback! :)