Going from a Colony to a different type of Faction.

Started by AteWithoutTable, March 11, 2017, 12:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AteWithoutTable

Concept
I feel like late into the game you should be presented with an option.
"What do you want people to see your colony as?"
Trade Union - More frequent Caravans
Pirate Band - Noone ever vists you, except if its a raid, everyone hates you.
Hostile Tribe - People rarely vist you, people rarely raid you, people do not like you.
Peaceful (Friendly) Tribe - People are eager to meet you, more caravans.
Peacekeepers - People do not want to mess with you, you are the embodiment of law and order and people want to be on your good side.

b0rsuk

I think these things should be based on your actions, not a label you use to call yourself. A dynamically changing reputation system.

AteWithoutTable

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 11, 2017, 01:27:29 AM
I think these things should be based on your actions, not a label you use to call yourself. A dynamically changing reputation system.
[/quote
I do believe a reputation system in rimworld would be great, sort of like the social tab between colonists.
But with factions

mumblemumble

Indeed, I agree with b0rsuk.

Pehraps combining the fallout new vegas sort of rep system, with the relationship system, but on a MUCH longer term scale (years)

I think if you are a evil bastard to a tribe for a year, paying them off shouldn't make them best buds EVER again.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Limdood

money makes everything better....always has.  why should things be different in another 3000 years?

SpaceDorf

Depends on the amount of money ..

And only because you pay me, and you promise me to be good this time does not make us friends.

Goodwill should only be allowed to be bought up to a certain level ..
and If it dynamic, even this level can fall over time ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

PetWolverine

Quote from: mumblemumble on March 11, 2017, 02:35:54 PM
I think if you are a evil bastard to a tribe for a year, paying them off shouldn't make them best buds EVER again.

Indeed.

I recently had a tribal raid and captured 13 prisoners. Initially I was doing my usual thing, taking both eyes, one arm, one leg and one foot from a prisoner, then releasing them. This means I get +15 goodwill, then lose it again by taking parts from the next one.

But I got impatient, did a whole lot of surgery and released several prisoners. Now I have two left, with no more parts I want to take, but if I release them I won't get tribal raids any more! Why in the Rim would they be friends with me at this point?

SpaceDorf

Because you send them training equipment for their doctors ?

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.