[A16..V1.0] More Planning

Started by rhaks, March 11, 2017, 02:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What feature would you like to see first?

Save/load plans
4 (25%)
Shapes (circle, not filled rectangle) / plan brushes (orbital beacon and sun lamps) as proposed by BlackSmokeDMax
10 (62.5%)
Labels as proposed by AngleWyrm
2 (12.5%)
None ^.-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: September 03, 2017, 12:57:15 AM

rhaks

Description:

This mod creates a new option in the "Architect" menu, called "Planning", with more options for planning.

Features:

- 10 customizable planning designations;
- Show/hide planning designations;
- Control planning opacity;
- An option for control if planning designations should be removed when something is built or deconstructed on top of it.
- Holding shift you can override others planning designations.

Download:

More Planning for RimWorld v1.0:
- Direct Download
- Steam Workshop

More Planning for RimWorld b19:
- Direct Download
- Steam Workshop

More Planning for RimWorld b18:
- Direct Download
- Steam Workshop

More Planning for RimWorld a17:
- Direct Download
- Steam Workshop

More Planning for RimWorld a16:
- Direct Download
- Steam Workshop

This mod uses HugsLib (need to be installed and loaded before More Planning) and Harmony (comes with the mod, no need to be installed)

License:

MIT License

Source:

GitHub

Changelog:

GitHub

RazorHed

Birdy

Dude. This is amazing. Thank you a ton!

SpaceDorf

Thanks dear mod-fairy for granting one of my wishes
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

BlackSmokeDMax

Wonderful mod, especially grouping them all together in their own section! Any chance you'd consider adding special shaped plans: orbital beacon, Sun lamp, wind turbine, geotherm, etc. Think that'd really fit in well with this mod overall.

faltonico

The dimmed and more transparent colors combined with the possibility of toggling the visibility of the plans in your version makes it even more desirable that the previous attempt in tackling this constraint! *takesbreath*.
Very nice job!

rhaks

Thanks for all comments!

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on March 11, 2017, 11:10:58 PM
Wonderful mod, especially grouping them all together in their own section! Any chance you'd consider adding special shaped plans: orbital beacon, Sun lamp, wind turbine, geotherm, etc. Think that'd really fit in well with this mod overall.

Great idea, I hate to plan space for those kind of objects. I think it will be released with the next update.

Xena

This looks amazing! Can't wait to download and fool around with it! :D

AngleWyrm

Been using this for a while now and it's grrrreeeeat! The color set is topologically sufficient to cover any and all creations, and I've been using it to lay out furniture, production benches and their seating.

Thanks for a great mod
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Birdy

Any chance of purple and orange? :D Thanks!

rhaks

Quote from: Birdy on March 16, 2017, 01:45:49 PM
Any chance of purple and orange? :D Thanks!

I'm not sure yet. I'm developing a copy/paste/drag tool right now, next shapes, maybe more colors next. But I think it will be so many colors/buttons. Some people want to choose the colors by their own (aside from those in the mod) and I think it will be fun to develop but not as useful.

SpaceDorf

There is a color selection mod for stockpiles .. maybe you can use some of it's code.

In the long run it makes more sense to let the user choose the color, than to set a dozen fixed colors ..
a plan drawing selection with different presets and brushes, selectable colors would be epic.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Vaulter69

So i checked on your steam workshop and saw that a17 ver is up! which was nice until i downloaded and tried it out and got a lot of red string of errors

Could not find a type named MorePlanning.Designator_Opacity
Could not find a type named MorePlanning.Designator_PlanCut
etc.

basically it can't find the icon textures.

AngleWyrm

Would this be a fun addition to planning and designing a village?

Fonts used: Coiny & FFF_Tusj

My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

wwWraith

Quote from: AngleWyrm on June 29, 2017, 07:21:08 AM
Would this be a fun addition to planning and designing a village?

+, it would be much better than to make labels by making letters by planning pixelart as I used to :D Though I foresee some difficulties with realization...
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.