[A17] Organized Research Tab v1.0.3

Started by Lazevedo, March 12, 2017, 09:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazevedo

Quote from: 死亡领主鸩毒 on March 15, 2017, 12:12:58 AM
Edit : I will make a final testing if this doesnt give any further results i will probably just give up, and disable AF from my modlist since ur mod is technical a better addition in terms of QOL.

Sorry about that.. =/

I know that the Alien Races Framework and Harmony (the library it uses) are also under very active development, so maybe things get sorted out on their own.

Pinkstache

Quote from: Lazevedo on March 15, 2017, 04:16:04 PM
Quote from: 死亡领主鸩毒 on March 15, 2017, 12:12:58 AM
Edit : I will make a final testing if this doesnt give any further results i will probably just give up, and disable AF from my modlist since ur mod is technical a better addition in terms of QOL.

Sorry about that.. =/

I know that the Alien Races Framework and Harmony (the library it uses) are also under very active development, so maybe things get sorted out on their own.
Actually erdelf  says they should be compatible now.
Mainly posting this for anyone who comes after.

Lazevedo

Quote from: Wishmaster on March 20, 2017, 04:48:26 PM
Very good job, so neat !

Thanks! Version 1.1 is out, it should be even neater!

kurikinton

Hi, with your latest update, it seems that many people are experiencing game stutter every couple of seconds where the entire game stops for a split second and then continues. The stutter is regular and frequent, and renders the game unplayable for those people (myself included). Disabling this mod solves the issue.

I noticed that you mention you've put the mod into a separate thread, and I'm guessing that however you did that is causing this issue.

Is this mod something that needs to run often? I kind of figured it would organize the layout once, or when the research menu is opened, not every couple of seconds in the background, so it's odd for this mod to be causing the stutter.

Of course it may be a conflict between this mod and something else, but for the time being, turning this off for now lets me continue the game. Incidentally, only three mods changed since the last time I played (without problems), and this mod was one of them. Disabling the other two has no effect on the stutter, disabling this one eliminates it.

Multistream

After 1.1 update, this mod conflicts with EPOE 1.92, causing small ~0.5 second freezing every 5 seconds. I have to use research scrollbars instead

Xybb

Up until now, your mod worked great. But after finishing the electric smelting reasearch the research tab is blank while using your mod. Reloading the game didn't fix it. Deactiving your mod does fix the problem but loading it again causes the research tab to go blank again. Any way to fix this ?

Edit: I guess this may be caused by the update?

Lazevedo

Quote from: kurikinton on March 26, 2017, 05:35:36 AM
Is this mod something that needs to run often? I kind of figured it would organize the layout once, or when the research menu is opened, not every couple of seconds in the background, so it's odd for this mod to be causing the stutter.

You are right, I does a bunch of heavy calculations when you load the save game and then just regular vanilla stuff.

Quote from: Xybb on March 26, 2017, 06:24:02 AM
But after finishing the electric smelting reasearch the research tab is blank while using your mod. Reloading the game didn't fix it. Deactiving your mod does fix the problem but loading it again causes the research tab to go blank again. Any way to fix this ?

Might have been caused by the update. I was naive to change so much for a single update. Add that to the fact that I could not reproduce any of the problems yet, so I'll have to be creative about how to test this. Maybe I'll need testers.

Meanwhile, I did a rollback in Steam and edited this topic to include a link to both versions. 1.1 is going to stay beta and forum only for now.

kurikinton

Here's my mod list if that helps at all. It might be in part due to a conflict with a mod that many people use but that you don't.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

manelmp66

I´m experienced the same problem.
With the last update, the game freeze every 3-5 seconds, during 0.5-1 second.
Desintalled the update, and install the previous download, and the game run smoothly again.

Lazevedo

Version 1.1.2 is out!

I released 1.1.1 which should fix the freezing and crashing problems from 1.1.0, but soon received reports of bad performance on AMD processors. In those cases, when you first click to open the Research Tab, there might be a slight freeze of a couple seconds, if and only if that's one of the first things you do after loading the game. That means the thread is still running.

Please let me know!

b4d

didn't fix the freezing issue for me. clicking the research tab totally freeze the game forcing me to force close it.

my mod list :
<modNames>
<li>Core</li>
<li>Miscellaneous 'CORE'</li>
<li>Misc. MapGen FactionBase</li>
<li>Misc. MapGenerator</li>
<li>HugsLib</li>
<li>Map Reroll</li>
<li>Architect Sense</li>
<li>Rimsenal - Rimhair</li>
<li>Nackblad Inc Rimhair</li>
<li>Spoons Hair Mod</li>
<li>Lovely Hair Style</li>
<li>Xeva's Rimhair (A14, A15, A16)</li>
<li>VoHair</li>
<li>Zhentar's Vanilla Fixes</li>
<li>Zhentar's Vanilla Tweaks</li>
<li>WorldPawnGC</li>
<li>A World Without Hat</li>
<li>Taiga Creatures</li>
<li>OSHA Compliance</li>
<li>Follow Me</li>
<li>Numbers</li>
<li>Wildlife Tab</li>
<li>Relations Tab</li>
<li>WorkTab</li>
<li>Animal Tab</li>
<li>Allow Tool</li>
<li>QualityBuilder</li>
<li>Set-Up Camp</li>
<li>RBSE Hardcore Edition</li>
<li>A Dog Said...</li>
<li>Taiga Creatures / A Dog Said compatch</li>
<li>[sd] advanced powergeneration</li>
<li>Roof Support A16</li>
<li>Stuffed Floors</li>
<li>Industrialisation</li>
<li>Colony Manager</li>
<li>Camping Stuff</li>
<li>Camping Incidents</li>
<li>Cooks Can Refuel</li>
<li>Hand Me That Brick</li>
<li>AC-Enhanced Hauling</li>
<li>I Can Fix It!</li>
<li>JTReplaceWalls</li>
<li>Less Arbitrary Surgery</li>
<li>Stack Merger</li>
<li>Feed The Colonists</li>
<li>AC-Enhanced Crafting</li>
<li>CaravanSpot</li>
<li>Trading Spot</li>
<li>Editable Backstories</li>
<li>Additional Traits v2.2</li>
<li>ZWTraits A16</li>
<li>More Mental Breaks</li>
<li>TI - Joins+</li>
<li>EdB Prepare Carefully</li>
<li>Remote Explosives</li>
<li>Blueprints</li>
<li>More vanilla factions</li>
<li>Change Dresser</li>
<li>Hyperweave / Synthread Crafting</li>
<li>Craftable Glitterworld Medicine</li>
<li>Caridion Arsenal A16</li>
<li>Rimsenal</li>
<li>Rimsenal - Federation</li>
<li>Rimsenal - Feral</li>
<li>Rimsenal - Storyteller pack</li>
<li>Iron Dan For 0.16</li>
<li>Rimsenal - Security pack</li>
<li>Shooting Skill Rebalanced v1.2</li>
<li>Infused</li>
<li>Grenade Fix: Rearmed</li>
<li>MinifyEverything</li>
<li>DE Surgeries (GE)</li>
<li>GHXX Tech Advancing</li>
<li>More Trade Ships</li>
<li>Improved Infestation</li>
<li>Pests</li>
<li>DeadMansClothing</li>
<li>M Pawn Death RNG Remover</li>
<li>Mod List Backup</li>
<li>Organized Research Tab</li>
<li>JTExport</li>
<li>Soylent green a16</li>
<li>Quality Fix</li>
<li>Chemicals &amp; Neutroamine</li>
</modNames>

edit : works fine with just core, hugslib, and modlistbackup. hard to guess which mod it conflicts with..

oh btw, i'm playing a resolution of 1587 x 913 and the research tab was cut off at the bottom.

Lazevedo

Quote from: b4d on March 27, 2017, 11:49:17 PM
didn't fix the freezing issue for me. clicking the research tab totally freeze the game forcing me to force close it.

edit : works fine with just core, hugslib, and modlistbackup. hard to guess which mod it conflicts with..

oh btw, i'm playing a resolution of 1587 x 913 and the research tab was cut off at the bottom.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, specially the one about resolution. I'll have to figure that one out.

Modlist is also helpful! Just so you know, it's not a matter of conflicts with other mods, it's just that it gets too heavy for accounting for so many projects, which goes against the very essence of this mod. I want it to be able to handle any amount of mods, so back to the drawing board.

faltonico

Thank you.

Fightera100

Should've read the thread before putting this into my game and wondering why my game lagged so hard and crashed when I opened the research bar :/

Other than that, it looks very good and I can't wait for the update :D

Edit: Older versions seem to work fine