[A17] Organized Research Tab v1.0.3

Started by Lazevedo, March 12, 2017, 09:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stigma

Hey I noticed something weird because I got paranoid after running ResearchPal and finding that one research topic was overlapping another and hiding it. I counted up all the research topics, using ResearchPal (ref. RP), Organized Research Tab (ref. ORT) and vanilla and came up with this:

(with a moderate amount of common mods)
vanilla: 131
RP: 131 + at least 1 confirmed overlap (so really 132)

It's perfectly possible I did a +/- 1 mistake somewhere in counting, but there's no way these are all the same number.

Anyone have any clue what is going on here? It is very hard to cross-check what is missing from where. I'd have to set up a spreadsheet half an hour figuring that out so... hopefully that's not necessary...

I just find it very worrying if research topics of unknown importance and affiliation are just vanishing into thin air...

-Stigma

sirgzu

Quote from: SpaceDorf on May 29, 2017, 01:57:10 PM
@Lazevedo - I hate you so fucking much.
That your mod is so awesome and such a must have for me.
You actually forced me through the torture of starting steam and downloading the mod from the workshop, just that I could copy it into my wonderfully DRM and SideShowSoftware Free Version of Rimworld.

@everybody else :
Look how I have suffered for all of you.
To free you from the tyranny of the odorless vapor ..
DL Link Attached.

===== EDIT =====

Some Feedback.
It works out of the box, with a shitload of mods allready installed.

It gets a bit confused with the new sub-tabs of research and reorganizes them as well, which looks not as nice as it should, but not crappy either.

So thank you ..

Thank you good sir :)

Napple

Can anyone post the a17 version. The attachment was deleted.

SpaceDorf

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

asquirrel

Any news if this is going to be updated for B18?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: asquirrel on November 28, 2017, 12:10:40 PM
Any news if this is going to be updated for B18?

Don't think so, this is at the top of the Steam workshop page for this mod:

"THIS IS AN EMERGENCY UPDATE TO A17. YOUR *OTHER* TABS MIGHT LOOK FUNKY.

SINCE I'M FAILING TO KEEP THIS MAINTAINED, CONSIDER USING ResearchPal INSTEAD:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=946390822&searchtext=researchpal

I don't know how good it is, but it's based on Fluffy's ResearchTree code."

asquirrel

Thanks for the recommendation but I tried research pal and didn't like it.   It doesn't show clearly the research path based on groups.  Organized research tab kept the hierarchy.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: asquirrel on November 28, 2017, 01:22:24 PM
Thanks for the recommendation but I tried research pal and didn't like it.   It doesn't show clearly the research path based on groups.  Organized research tab kept the hierarchy.

Wasn't really my recommendation - although I do use and recommend it :)

That was the end of the qoute from the Steam page of this mod. Everything within the quote marks is directly from there.

bigheadzach

ResearchPal is indeed good-looking but still suffers from issues regarding the overlap of some techs, especially if you have lots of mods which add to the researchable tech list. In those instances I'll probably be compelled to deactivate RP for a moment, acquire the tech I need, then turn it back on.

BlackSmokeDMax

At one point HardcoreSK had both research pal and the old style research working at the same time. That would be a good solution to the overlapping problem as well as a way to see the actual amount of research in numbers as well. Think that the mod for the old style research would need to be updated and changed to stay active at the same time as research pal for that to happen.

Mst

Last time I played had to reverse to the old research list-menu so it was readable. It was a16.
So how's situation now? Are these two mods only solution to the problem?

bigheadzach

Quote from: bigheadzach on November 28, 2017, 05:09:40 PM
ResearchPal is indeed good-looking but still suffers from issues regarding the overlap of some techs, especially if you have lots of mods which add to the researchable tech list. In those instances I'll probably be compelled to deactivate RP for a moment, acquire the tech I need, then turn it back on.

UPDATE: If you also run HelpTab, you are able to search for the overlapped tech and research it directly from that entry.

Mst

Unfortunately HelpTab is not compatible with Psychology. So this won't work for me.
Any suggestions on the alternatives?

Jastro

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.