[A16] Stone Type Decimator

Started by G3Kappa, February 17, 2017, 11:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3Kappa

Hello, Ludeon forums!
This is my first post, and my first mod. I hope you enjoy it!

Okay, here's the thing: floors. Those damn colonists enjoy smoothed stone floors so much that they only consider solid gold paving to be above them. But alas! It is the player who must suffer in his pawns' stead, by gazing upon the outstandingly flat, yet horrifyingly uneven in color, stone tiles.

It's time to stop.

Introducing...

(click for a bigger screenshot)
StoneTypeDecimator* is a simple mod that alters the vanilla worldgen by removing unnecessary rock-related variety from the map. But wait! It does less than that; here's a list of features:

• Core functionality: Samples the most common stone type of a site and replaces every natural wall and floor of other types.
  • Optional: Uses the sampled material for ancient buildings as well, not including those not made from bricks.
  • Optional: Uses the sampled material for rock chunks.

Let the suffering end, I say!

DOWNLOAD

*This mod requires HugsLib. No stones were harmed in the making of this mod. This mod requires a new save file. The project is open-source and available freely on GitHub. When forking credit may or may not be appreciated. Transgressors shall be decimated, but not eliminated completely.

becomeweaker

So, if I have a place with granite, marble and limestone, all the mountains would be changed into granite?

katherineironfist

So... does this create map spawns on the world with only one rock type?
For example if I hover over a map tile, will I be able to choose from "marble" maps only? or is it  still gonna say "marble, sandstone, slate" etc. and then load in with 1 random rock type?

Please clarify! great mod otherwise, thank you.

G3Kappa

The map selection will show all rock types, and the map generation will change depending on mod settings. If the map shows "Granite, [...]" then your map will most likely be made of granite.

If all settings are enabled, then every artificial and natural wall, excluding steel, will be made of that material. Otherwise, only natural walls. I hope I cleared any doubts.

EDIT: Multiple settlements may have different stone types. It changes from map to map, not from world to world.