[B18][MODLIST] Modular Power Armor and other small things

Started by Granitecosmos, March 14, 2017, 11:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

Quote from: Granitecosmos on March 29, 2017, 01:43:12 PM
Quote from: Der Failer on March 26, 2017, 06:06:17 PM
Also will you uploade your mods to Steam?

Considering how bad or outright nonsensical the way the Steam Workshop handles mods, especially for games in active development, I doubt this will happen in the near future.

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 28, 2017, 07:21:44 AM
Is it possible to add the ability to rename equipment racks to better equipment racks?

Why? It simply modifies the existing equipment racks. There's no need for a rename.
sorry i meant possible to add the ability to rename individual equipment racks in the same way you can stockpiles? If not thats fine i just like organizing my racks by name

Granitecosmos

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 29, 2017, 03:07:08 PM
i meant possible to add the ability to rename individual equipment racks in the same way you can stockpiles?

Probably not gonna happen, to be honest. I tend to sort it by room instead. And since stockpile names aren't visible anyway, the feature is kinda pointless in the first place. Let's hope Tynan will give us some sort of workshop profiling like in DF, so we could link stockpiles to workbenches and vice versa.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Granitecosmos on April 01, 2017, 03:43:06 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on March 29, 2017, 03:07:08 PM
i meant possible to add the ability to rename individual equipment racks in the same way you can stockpiles?

Probably not gonna happen, to be honest. I tend to sort it by room instead. And since stockpile names aren't visible anyway, the feature is kinda pointless in the first place. Let's hope Tynan will give us some sort of workshop profiling like in DF, so we could link stockpiles to workbenches and vice versa.

I still hope Tynan finally gives in and gives us crates and an Inventory Screen.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Granitecosmos

Mods updated for A17b. Added a third new drug for More Drugs as well.

ShEsHy

There seems to be a bug where workers re-calibrate (repair) armor that is already fully repaired. This leads to an endless cycle of re-calibrating the same piece of armor while ignoring all the other (damaged) ones. The only workaround I've found is to manually keep track of the re-calibrating process, then forbid the finished pieces one by one until they're all fixed, then suspend the bill until the next round of re-calibrating.

Drusek

I have added a tab for research and sorted the techs - feel free to use it

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Granitecosmos

Quote from: ShEsHy on September 01, 2017, 08:03:07 AM
There seems to be a bug where workers re-calibrate (repair) armor that is already fully repaired. This leads to an endless cycle of re-calibrating the same piece of armor while ignoring all the other (damaged) ones.

Not really a bug. I expected players to understand how bills work, guess that's a luxury nowadays. You've got to set either the item health on the bill to only allow armor that's damaged OR you can limit the zone the bench searches for input items and make a stockpile nearby that only accepts armor that's damaged.

It's not rocket science.

I might rework that function though, maybe add my own workbench and make it fueled with plasteel and components or something, with each calibration taking a set amount of fuel. But that probably won't happen before A18 is released.

Quote from: Drusek on September 02, 2017, 07:14:33 AM
I have added a tab for research and sorted the techs - feel free to use it

I'll take a look at it, thanks.

ShEsHy

Quote from: Granitecosmos on September 09, 2017, 07:07:17 AM
There seems to be a bug where workers re-calibrate (repair) armor that is already fully repaired. This leads to an endless cycle of re-calibrating the same piece of armor while ignoring all the other (damaged) ones.

Not really a bug. I expected players to understand how bills work, guess that's a luxury nowadays. You've got to set either the item health on the bill to only allow armor that's damaged OR you can limit the zone the bench searches for input items and make a stockpile nearby that only accepts armor that's damaged.

It's not rocket science.

I might rework that function though, maybe add my own workbench and make it fueled with plasteel and components or something, with each calibration taking a set amount of fuel. But that probably won't happen before A18 is released.

I have set the bill to re-calibrate 0%-99% (even tried 98%), and it makes no difference (maybe it has something to do with how any armor changes to Unfinished such and such when re-calibrating, which is always at 100%, but that's just an uneducated guess).
Also, since there is literally no point in re-calibrating items already in perfect working order, I really cannot see it as anything other than a bug (or a mod conflict).
You do have a point about making a stockpile next to the bench that only accepts damaged pieces. If nothing else, it'll let me see when there are no damaged pieces left.

Evillee

Just wanted to say that your power armor mod and drug mod are some of my favorites, thanks for sharing.  :)

Evillee

I do have one complaint, the armor doesn't seem to cover the neck, in both of my combat tests the colonist takes a nasty cut to the neck resulting in death while wearing the strongest armor. Really good mod though, other than that it's totally perfect. :)

Canute

Don't you know, any good armor need to have one weak point in case .... :-)

Granitecosmos

Quote from: Evillee on October 14, 2017, 05:21:00 AM
I do have one complaint, the armor doesn't seem to cover the neck, in both of my combat tests the colonist takes a nasty cut to the neck resulting in death while wearing the strongest armor.

Oops, that's totally my bad. Seems like I forgot to include the neck for whatever reason. Fixed, should be covered by the chest piece now.

DoctorFowl

Are there any plans to bring the Modular Armor into B18?

Granitecosmos

Merry Christmas! All my mods are now updated for B18!

There seems to be a bug where workers re-calibrate (repair) armor that is already fully repaired.

This is an unfortunate effect of most vanilla bills ignoring the item health slider. I've added some info to the OP about this and how to circumvent it. Thanks for pointing out!

ShEsHy

Any chance of a 1.0 release? This is pretty much the best armour mod around, and I hope to play it now that the game is officially released.