[B18][MODLIST] Modular Power Armor and other small things

Started by Granitecosmos, March 14, 2017, 11:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Granitecosmos

Quote from: Dragoon on March 18, 2017, 01:04:24 PM
Can I make a cosmetic suggestion? What if you cut the power armor image in half, (like legs and tops) so that when you are wearing the leg powered parts, it shows up same for the top, instead of the top covering everything.

You do realise that you just asked someone who can barely handle Paint.net to make 32 new textures, right? I might do someting like that later or ask Shinzy for more textures. For now, I justify my system by pointing fingers to vanilla Pants. That doesn't have any visibility either. If Tynan can get away with it, so can I!  ;D

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 19, 2017, 08:21:34 AM
What an awesome Idea.
I needed to have this in my collection after the first few lines.

I'll take that as proof of my successful marketing. Hope you enjoy the product!*
* ≡Troll Fur Loincloth≡ not included.

Tyolan

Is there a way to color each tier of the Modular Power Armor with a different color without create new textures? Like for example using the "compcolor" attribute?

Granitecosmos

Quote from: Tyolan on March 21, 2017, 10:02:23 AM
Is there a way to color each tier of the Modular Power Armor with a different color without create new textures? Like for example using the "compcolor" attribute?

Sure. Feel free to post what colour you want to see for the tiers. I'll see what I can do. Just make sure it's not the same as the vanilla variants.

Robloxsina66

i always wonder in modular power armor mod can you wear multiple things like in hardcore sk?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Tyolan

Quote from: Robloxsina66 on March 22, 2017, 07:49:58 AM
i always wonder in modular power armor mod can you wear multiple things like in hardcore sk?
I don't think so. All part of the modular armor use almost all body parts.

Granitecosmos

Vanilla RimWorld uses five layers for apparel:

• OnSkin
  • Middle
  • Shell
  • Overhead
  • Accessory
You can't wear an apparel if another already uses at least one of the same layers. If you use force wear it will just swap the clothes.

• Shirts and Pants uses OnSkin.
  • Tribalwear uses both OnSkin and Middle.
  • Armor Vest uses Middle.
  • Duster, Jacket and Parka uses Shell.
  • Vanilla and Modular Power Armor uses both Middle and Shell.
  • Every hat/helmet uses Overhead.
  • Personal Shield uses Accessory.
Therefore you'll be able to wear Shirts, Pants and Personal Shields along with my Modular Power Armor, just like with vanilla Power Armor. Any other mod that adds apparel that uses OnSkin and/or Accessory only will also fall into this category.

Quote from: Tyolan on March 22, 2017, 08:03:30 AM
All part of the modular armor use almost all body parts.

The complete set covers 100% of the body.

Robloxsina66

Quote from: Granitecosmos on March 22, 2017, 09:16:00 AM

Vanilla RimWorld uses five layers for apparel:

• OnSkin
  • Middle
  • Shell
  • Overhead
  • Accessory
You can't wear an apparel if another already uses at least one of the same layers. If you use force wear it will just swap the clothes.

• Shirts and Pants uses OnSkin.
  • Tribalwear uses both OnSkin and Middle.
  • Armor Vest uses Middle.
  • Duster, Jacket and Parka uses Shell.
  • Vanilla and Modular Power Armor uses both Middle and Shell.
  • Every hat/helmet uses Overhead.
  • Personal Shield uses Accessory.
Therefore you'll be able to wear Shirts, Pants and Personal Shields along with my Modular Power Armor, just like with vanilla Power Armor. Any other mod that adds apparel that uses OnSkin and/or Accessory only will also fall into this category.

Quote from: Tyolan on March 22, 2017, 08:03:30 AM
All part of the modular armor use almost all body parts.

The complete set covers 100% of the body.

ah alright

Tyolan

Quote from: Granitecosmos on March 22, 2017, 06:15:00 AM
Quote from: Tyolan on March 21, 2017, 10:02:23 AM

Sure. Feel free to post what colour you want to see for the tiers. I'll see what I can do. Just make sure it's not the same as the vanilla variants.
I don't understand what is the link with the vanilla variants but may be you could try: 1=white;2=orange;3=red;4=blue;5=black. Just an idea. The question was principally to know if is doable without creating new textures. Thx.

Dragoon

Quote from: Tyolan on March 22, 2017, 01:40:01 PM
I don't understand what is the link with the vanilla variants but may be you could try: 1=white;2=orange;3=red;4=blue;5=black. Just an idea. The question was principally to know if is doable without creating new textures. Thx.

it's because many people would rather color them themselves, mods like dresser and clothes paint tool exist for that very reason. Maybe you want all your power armor to be the same color and don't want to broadcast the difference, Or maybe you don't want to pick those colors because you don't really like them.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Granitecosmos

Quote from: Dragoon on March 22, 2017, 08:12:31 PM
it's because many people would rather color them themselves, mods like dresser and clothes paint tool exist for that very reason.

I can verify that I can change armor colors with Change Dresser. Arms and Legs have a bit darker shades due to the texture files but those aren't visible on the pawn anyway.

The best way to handle this is to grab one of such mods, this way you can set whatever colors you want to see and everyone can be satisfied. Guess it wasn't a bad idea to leave compColorable in the abstract after all.  ;)

Ruisuki

Granitecosmos

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 25, 2017, 12:14:30 AM
Power armor wont end up stronger than Rahs battlearmor will it? https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29944.msg304493

The last tier is literally hard-capped by the in-game armor mechanic. It's a lot stronger than what you've linked. It does take a very long time to get there, though. Consider it a reward for surviving for 5+ years or so.

After you've researched vanilla Power Armor you'd have to go through 50.000 points of research as New Arrivals faction to unlock all tiers, double that for Tribes. And then we haven't even touched the subject of required resources or crafting time.
The first few tiers' efficiency can be surpassed by high-level vanilla Power Armor. Tiers in the middle are flat-out improvements, while the last tier was designed to be that late-late-lategame dream armor you always wanted. It's up to you where you stop, what you consider balanced and what you don't. That's the best about these tiers.

Der Failer

I'm really interested to see how "bad" the research and crafting times are. ^^

Also will you uploade your mods to Steam?

Ruisuki

Is it possible to add the ability to rename equipment racks to better equipment racks?

Granitecosmos

Quote from: Der Failer on March 26, 2017, 06:06:17 PM
Also will you uploade your mods to Steam?

Considering how bad or outright nonsensical the way the Steam Workshop handles mods, especially for games in active development, I doubt this will happen in the near future.

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 28, 2017, 07:21:44 AM
Is it possible to add the ability to rename equipment racks to better equipment racks?

Why? It simply modifies the existing equipment racks. There's no need for a rename.