[Help] Apperantly, my real life nickname isnt conversational?

Started by Helixien, March 14, 2017, 02:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helixien

So today I got a Email which tells me, I need to edit my creative reward since my nickname isnt conversational. Which is strange, since this is what people call me as long as I can remember.
I decided to add myself with my first name being Wilhelm (a good old german name) and my nickname being Willi (since this is the normal short version as well as nickname most people who are named Wilhelm have).

Now, is this a mistake? Can we fix this? Because I dont have another nickname and I also quite honestly dont feel like making a nickname up since I want to add myself.

Also and I quote from the guidelines:
QuoteMichael Smith (short: Mike) - Okay.
Mohammed Moghadam (short: Mohammed) - Okay.
Marie-Josée Delacroix (short: Josée) - Okay.
Yu O'Brien (short: Yu) - Okay.
Tim Rothman (short: Jumper) - Okay because this is a believable nickname in real life.
Tim Rothman (short: Butters) - Okay because this is a believable nickname in real life.
Tim Rothman (short: Scoops) - Okay because this is a believable nickname in real life.

I mean if Josée is okay, so should be Willi.

Anyway, thanks already for the help I am about to receive!  ;D

milon

If you haven't, reply to the email with the information you posted here. It may be that the person who made the original decision wasn't aware of how Wilhelm shortens, or there may be another reason it was deemed non-conversational. The creative rewards is a separate system from the forum, so no one here can do more then make guesses or suggestions. But let us know how it goes!

Helixien

Oh, I didnt know that! My bad^^

Sure, I will keep you guys in the loop!

milon

No worries. We don't have any direct control, but we still do what we can and help out with the easier stuff. :)