Surgery Failures

Started by EnricoDandolo, March 17, 2017, 11:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnricoDandolo

Okay so your telling me my level 12 "Very Strong Expert" Doctor Erika, who is a physicist can fuck up a surgery that badly?
Lemmle just show you my frustration.
Yury was supposed to get a bionic arm, and Erika as my best doctor was sent to install it. She used a glitter world med to do it, but guess what? She somehow manages to stab him IN THE CHEST so badly that he bleeds out in a day. Not only that, but she completely destroys the bionic arm. I really don't understand how that happened.
If my colonist is operating on a patient's arm, they shouldn't "Accidentally" impale them.

Shurp

This is a known bug/WAD.  Save scumming or dev mode is the recommended solution.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

grrizo

It happpened once to me and save scum really helps to find the source of the incidents.
It was a combination between the bad mood of the surgeon and the quality of the medical bed.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

Euzio

Sucks when it happens but unfortunately, its a known issue. There is a mod which makes surgery less arbitrary.

But it does remind me of all the comical situations that has happened before.

Doctor goes to install a peg leg unto colonist, ends up removing his heart and lung. Or decapitating him  ;D

Calahan

This is a known issue as others have said, and in Tynan's own words "It's all messed up in a lot of ways", although it should be sorted for A17. Here is a link to one of Tynan's reddit posts regarding this (and where he confirms the A17 fix).
https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/5ns36b/i_still_dont_understand_the_surgery_probabilities/dceagu5/?context=3