Does Armor protect against Botched Surgery?

Started by Hans Lemurson, March 15, 2017, 04:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Lemurson

I was attempting to install a peg-leg on a downed colonist with a reasonable chance of success.  If you're a skilled enough surgeon, having the shakes from alcohol withdrawal should cancel out, right?  Anyways the surgery failed and my grower took a major cut to the torso, putting her within an inch of her life.

I had recently witnessed first-hand the value of good armor when I had two melee pawns, alike in skill and equipment, but one who I'd forgotten to have don her armor before facing the wargs.  She was badly scratched-up, and was one hit away from death, whereas her armored partner, though injured, his life was not at risk.

Then it occurred to me: Armor Vests protect the torso, and my botched surgery resulted in a stab to the torso...so if I made sure that my grower was wearing armor before going to bed, would that perhaps have lessened the severity of the accident?

Does anybody know if armor has an effect on surgical failures, or whether "surgical cut" damage bypass all armor?  (I personally think the game will be vastly more amusing if people habitually cover themselves in Kevlar before daring to rest in the hospital.)
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

skullywag

I dont belive it does. Surgery is not an attack so doesnt go through the same calculations. The injuries are applied directly to the bodyparts.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?