[A16]The problem of the wind generator passing through the bullet

Started by East, March 16, 2017, 07:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East

The wind turbine restricts passage but passes through the bullet.

I do not know if this is Working As Designed (WAD). I need to make a judgment as to whether this is normal or not while I'm making a game capture video. I do not want to exploit this way unless the development team has the intended play.

check this video
https://youtu.be/F-vFQq5ptF8

b0rsuk

Those thrumbos in the video deserved it, because they were too stupid to survive. Against anyone who can shoot back, wind turbines are fragile and expensive and they do catch some bullets.

I would rename the thread to: wind turbines serve as embrasures against animals

ison

An exploit worth addressing I think, though I'm not sure yet what would be the best way to fix it. Thanks for bringing it up! I'll leave this for Tynan to decide.

b0rsuk

Quote from: ison on March 20, 2017, 06:34:56 AM
An exploit worth addressing I think, though I'm not sure yet what would be the best way to fix it. Thanks for bringing it up! I'll leave this for Tynan to decide.

Rimworld way would be having Thrumbo start attacking the obstacle. Natural way would be thrumbo retreating past the gun range and staying there if there's no path.

ison

Okay, since it's not really a bug-bug I'm going to close this thread. Perhaps this should be addressed, but not for A17 I think. Thanks for reporting.