Difficulty Over Time

Started by Wexit, April 01, 2017, 07:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Quote from: Agent00Soul on April 01, 2017, 09:48:06 PM
How can you expect a different outcome.. That's way too many pawns to sustain in a new base without supplies and infrastructure.

Building decent assault rifles should be one of your first priorities.. your normal type AR's have an accuracy of 60% ish.. excellent and superior are around 160%

That you only have light arms is the problem.

Same goes with armour. With that many colonists 5 pawns with 60%+ armour should be enough for any fight.
Did you notice we spoke about a special mod pack, not about vanila or a light modded game ?

Wanderer_joins

I have a 30 years old game, only 3 colonists killed in the first years of the game, it's still manageable.

I think the peak of the difficulty is reached around year 1-2, you have few colonists, unskilled, few or no bionic parts and raiders can outnumber your pawns.

AngleWyrm

It's almost always a failure to work with various forms of acceleration in video games.

What actually happens is the human animal sees a number and attempts to make adjustments to it, with hard-wired gut instincts that cope with velocity instead of acceleration.

This is why most forms of diminishing returns and exponential changes result in unanticipated cases of pegging the needle.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh