Official: Slovak

Started by joeyeti, April 17, 2014, 03:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeyeti

Hi guys,

though I am not a paying supporter, I became interested in Rimworld with the first ever videos that surfaced a few months ago. And I was hooked!

I would like to contribute at least by translating what I can into my native - slovak - language for when the game is eventually out. I already started a few weeks ago with the wiki pages and currently I am going through the L10n pages on the wiki, the "Localization" section. The other files (I presume mods etc.?) under "DefInjected" would come later...

How shall I approach this, seeing in the other topic that Github is maybe the ultimate way to go for official translations?

Just to add, I do not have access to the Alpha releases etc...

Tynan

Welcome! I wrote some new notes on the "read this first" thread in this forum, so just check that out and follow the instructions.

We can also get you in the test crew so you can translate with pre-alpha4 builds.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

AcDie

Quote from: joeyeti on April 17, 2014, 03:42:50 AM
I would like to contribute at least by translating what I can into my native - slovak - language for when the game is eventually out. I already started a few weeks ago with the wiki pages and currently I am going through the L10n pages on the wiki, the "Localization" section. The other files (I presume mods etc.?) under "DefInjected" would come later...

How shall I approach this, seeing in the other topic that Github is maybe the ultimate way to go for official translations?

Just to add, I do not have access to the Alpha releases etc...
Wikis L10n Keyed section A4 ready, i'm trying to update it after each dev.build. DefInjected contains other parts that may be/or not/partially included into Keyed (but mostly it for mods i think), anyway translate it for complete localization.
About distribution, i prefer Git, cuz you can have several branches - e.g stable for A3, testing for A4...

joeyeti

Ok guys, will check out Github and create an "sk" project there, send it to Tynan and set him as admin for it (and upload what I have already).

If I can be part of the test team, great (whatever that means in detail :))!

Neone

Translating without access to the game can be hard (as a tester you will gain access). You translate and then suddenly realize, that what you translated is not appropriate for intended action in game or your conjugation is totally wrong :P

joeyeti

Quote from: Neone on April 17, 2014, 11:42:57 AM
Translating without access to the game can be hard (as a tester you will gain access). You translate and then suddenly realize, that what you translated is not appropriate for intended action in game or your conjugation is totally wrong :P
Yeah, I know that very well :) But this should serve primarily as the base translation and any tweaks (and there will be many, given that the game is still alpha) can be incorporated gradually.

I know the meaning of all the names and explanations in game from all the AARs I watch on youtube - and they constantly upgrade as new Alphas come out, so the current verbiage changes accordingly.

I also hope to procure the game in the near (or far, whatever) future, so one day I will DEFINITELY be "part of the gang". It's just the current situation that is worse financially (given my two 3-year old twin ladies and the fun associated).

joeyeti

Thx AcDie for adding me into the Github, created a first few files in there...

AcDie

np ;) better place aio, easy for work & compare
I'll update english DefInjected soon..

Tynan

Hey, I tried it in the game and it crashed, maybe you can test it and get it working? Probably a simple XML mistake.

joeyeti

Hi Tynan,

unfortunately I do not have access to the game itself (although I plan to in the near future after I sort my finances out a bit), but will at least check the XML code. It's true that I copy/pasted the code into Github (and before that into my text editor), but on the other hand I translated the files on the wiki, so... We shall see :)

Tynan

Game issued to you in thanks for the translation. :)

joeyeti

Oh WOW!  :o
Thx Tynan! This will make things much easier, thank you again!!!

Found the email...

Back to checking first and translating then!

Tynan

No worries man! I also added you to the tester group so you can translate with the latest internal test version. A3 misses a lot.

joeyeti

Thx! Currently checking what could cause the issues with the slovak translation under the latest build, whilst finishing translating Gameplay.xml...

joeyeti

I have only a few of the Keyed XML files to translate and can happily report that so far everything works as expected. Your issue with the earlier SK Translation state was probably an out-of-date version of some files, as there have been many changes between Alpha 3 and the current one... Will also update Github with the latest files as per what is currently on the Wiki for translation.