tailor benches and 2 tailors issue

Started by giannikampa, March 20, 2017, 02:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giannikampa

as title sais the situation is i have tailor benches and 2 very skilled tailors, on one bench i have a bill to make 3 shirts at a minimum skill (both the tailors meet the requirement).
First tailors (Hun) begin tailoring then she goes for anoter crafting task (in the save provided she is making a weapon) and leaves an unfinished shirt on the proper stockpile zone.
Now i have 1 half finished shirt and 2 more to be done (there is material around) but the second tailor (Duncan) won't go there to do the job, even if forced and the bench stays unused until Hun goes there to complete the unfinished shirt.

Hope i described the situation well and i'm not doing a noob mistake i can't even see.

thank for help understanding the problem, i call it bug right now.

attached savegame too big, here is a link, hope it works, i tested and it does..

http://www.filedropper.com/whitaker

And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Jimyoda

This is normal. Colonists can't work on unfinished items started by someone else.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

giannikampa

Yes I know this, my expectation is the other tailor to make next shirts on the bill, the first tailor will end the unfinished as soon the bench is free

Shinzy

Quote from: giannikampa on March 20, 2017, 04:16:13 PM
Yes I know this, my expectation is the other tailor to make next shirts on the bill, the first tailor will end the unfinished as soon the bench is free

the crafting system could possibly use numerous refinements by now :p
Meanwhile! if/until something is done about this, I bet you could work around this by making two identical bills for the shirts in that bench. I'm guessing the first bill is reserved in its entirety cause Hun has started part of said bill

I wouldn't say this is a bug* but seems valid thing to draw attention to anyway!

*Read: I'm going right ahead and assume, against better knowledge, that this isn't a bug

giannikampa

Shinzy, i understand what you mean and think you are right! gotta try a second identical bill to confirm, but already expect it to work. good catch

ison

Tynan

I see what you're saying, but this kind of thing is really fiddly and trying to make it more flexible can create a lot of problems, so I'm choosing to keep the simpler model it has now. Thanks for reporting.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog