The Fourth Colonist

Started by SleepyFox, April 17, 2014, 03:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyFox

Like any good colony, Eternal Rain began with a rapid, screaming descent in a capsule surrounded by flaming wreckage. Over the course of several days, the trio of unlikely unified survivors, the chef, the scientist, and the entrepreneur, banded together to build a new home. Crops were sowed, walls were built, and after nearly two weeks, the trio has endured two raider attacks (with prisoners intact), as well as a never-ending deluge of rain.

And something unexpected has happened. Through rapid construction of walls and roofs, a local creature ended up trapped inside of the chef's room. Instead of summarily executing the rodent, the boomrat remained largely ignored. Hiroto, the chef, despite lacking any particular skills regarding animal care, at least knows what someone or something looks like when its hungry. That and his bedposts were getting chewed up.

A basket of carrots was dropped into a corner of the room, and immediately the little stowaway ate his fill and promptly fell asleep. It would seem that Eternal Rail has gained a fourth colonist. Completely by accident. (And also pets are somewhat unsupported in the game mechanics for the moment. And animals can't open doors.) Hopefully little 'Bombchu' will refrain from going berserk and trying to explode the colony.

(Using most of the Big Bang Modpack)

Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

Celthric Aysen

Welp, this has to be in the records for the first pet in rimworld that didn't try to kill the colony...
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

SleepyFox

...I did it again. In the colony I've been streaming the last couple of days, I got a trapped boom rat on accident. We named him Mr. Snuggles. He lives in the colony dining room. He sleeps on a human-skin rug made from the body of one of the raiders who met an untimely demise. THIS IS BECOMING A THING.
Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

Coenmcj

A thing that isn't necessarily the wisest, but a thing nevertheless. Although I do suppose we domesticated wolves didn't we, maybe you're making a race of domesticated boomrats... D: OH GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE. we have to stop it before they're taking us over from within!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Celthric Aysen

This will be the second time use this but what the heck

Geeves

Blackjack, are you talking to the boomrat or the colonists?
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

Celthric Aysen

Both, i don't want a colony breeding boomrats

Geeves

But it is ok to have a colony breeding Boomrat right?
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Geeves on April 27, 2014, 11:19:12 AM
But it is ok to have a colony breeding Boomrat right?
[/quote
Yeah i guess, but not for me.