[0.17.1533] New Manhunter behaviour, if WAD, is still easily cheesed

Started by ymc, May 10, 2017, 02:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ymc

The only reason this particular colony is still hanging in by a thread is that I had the foresight to make an exit tunnel beforehand (for laziness reasons). A herd of 7 manhunting muffalo ended up taking out three of my four doors, thereby turning my base "Outside", so they had a path to me "Outside" the long way around the mountain without breaking down my last door.

My last remaining pawn was able to play guerilla warfare long enough to get the other two to bed, rescue all my wolves, and pop enough shots that the muffalo bled out with their 200 tile run around. Except for one who's just sleeping.

This shows a slight problem with the updated AI rules, in that these animals have no problem sniffing my group indoors and smashing their way through whatever obstacles are in their path), and then suddenly no longer caring about shortest path. It should be noted that there was actually a pawn outside they did not go for, they chose to headbutt the doors to get to the closer pawns. I was able to exploit their AI with my one remaining door once I realised, sending them back and forth the long way around, which was a considerable distance. You can see from the screenshot why I didn't want my own colonists making that run, and dug the tunnel in the first place.

I've rebuilt one of the three destroyed doors already, and am now going to take full advantage of the fact that five of them delivered some much needed nutrition right in front of my butcher table, but I can't help but feel I shouldn't have survived that one.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Wanderer_joins

I don't know if it's WAD, but it's not new, and could be exploited in A16.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog