Colonist's need list disappears THEN they NEVER sleep or need to

Started by enlonwhite, March 22, 2017, 02:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enlonwhite

most recent try with dev tools new guy spawned became glitched a little later here is the error log
https://gist.github.com/f30eae5b99c276cd23790ac689d06a0b

OK going to admit it not sure what mod is doing this error, and i run like over 15 serious mods that change things a lot and about 2 dozen or so minor small change ones.

I included the most recent save with issue, guy in pod drop was spawned in with glitch and joined as such.

Would like help in finding out what mod is doing this or if its just a load order thing. But sometimes pawns either become glitched to not have needs list appear then they don't NEED rest or even ever sleep and Food eating is funky random it seems. THEY still have moods and mood needs and can minor break or extreme. I just cant see what is affecting their mood as the list of negative and positive disappears.

I have even seen a game where all my pawns became glitched like this. And boy with no sleep needed my colony really took off from the about 25 days after start. I was like wow things are getting done fast......wait i haven't seen anyone pick a new bed out of the rooms i made. Why is no one sleeping? then i saw the mood list page was gone on all of them. I had that issue before with one or two pawns but didn't think about it til i happened to like 6 to 8 on the next game. It was then i realized that this issue is way to overpowered and really ruins my enjoyment of the game.
I am all for good strategy or need to build this or that or prepare this way to stop a issue. but NO sleep NEEDED for pawns really makes that pawn just over-productive and powerful.

Just looking for help i can add my mod list and even a few saves, i tried to switch orders or even disable mods to fix this but i just cant seem to find where the issue is. I haven't tried a vanilla game to see if there is a issue there. but i am sure its a mod issue.

Please tell me what i could do to assist in finding this issue, (just telling me off isnt going to help anyone)

This post seems to have a similar issue with moods dissappearing, but i dont run all the same mods just a good few similar.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29784.0

These are Manually loaded (in mods folder) mods
My mods: (order of them not what i have loaded)
(tho a few at the a top of the list are Definitely loaded first due to dependencies.)
-Core
-HugsLib
-Miscellaneous CORE
-Misc Map Generator
-Misc Map Gen FactionBase
-Misc Training
-Misc Objects
-Misc Robots
-PowerCell
-A world without Hats  (MUST HAVE)
-Animal Tab
-Autoclose Event Notifications
-Better Shooting Skill v1.1
-Blueprints
-Bulk Medicine Produciton
-Camping Stuff
-Cheaper Components
-Chemfuel Generator
-Colony Manager (LOVE THIS ONE)
-Condition Replacement (not sure i need it anymore)
-Cookable Survival Meals
-Core Driller
-Core Driller -stone ADDon
-Craftable Robots
-Crafting Hysteresis (A Must have)
-DeadMans Clothing (why complain about cloths?)
-Defensive Postions (useful to have not needed)
-Derek's Lighting Mod
-Double Population  (MUST HAVE)
-ED-Embrasures  (MUST HAVE)
-Efficient Animal Feed
-Efficient Light  (MUST HAVE)
-Expanded Traits  (MUST HAVE)
-Ez Infestation (wish it could change insects only a little)
-FEED the Colonists (MUST HAVE)
-Garden Resources
-Grow-able Grass   (a lifesaver and so useful)
-Hand me that Brick (saves so much time building)
-Hospitality A16  (ONLY RECENTLY USED BUT issue was there before this was used.)
-I've Got you in my sights
-Kitchen Counter and other Selves (no sure i want anymore)
-Less Arbitrary Surgery (face it rimworld needs this)
-Less Crippling Moods
-Less REBUFF   (WHY IS THIS NOT Vanilla???){NEEDED}
-Meaty Mushroom V.1
-Medial Tab
-Mending (MUST HAVE)
-More Trade ships
-More Floors  (so nice to have)
-More Vanilla Turrets  (been really enjoying this)
-No more raging (some rages made no sense, SO Got this)
-Packified Animals
-PhiClient (not sure its server supported anymore)
-P-Music
-Prepare for Romance (like Prepare Carefully but for sexual identity)
-Romance Diversified (used with the Prepare for Romance)
-REfactored Work Priorities  (so so very nice)
-Refugee Stats  (known issue with hospitality mod I know) {still trying to get it two work with the other}
-RT Fuse (MUST HAVE)
-Setup Camp
-Shutdown ALL
-Slept in the cold REwork
-Spoons hair mod
-SS Battery Fuse (MUST HAVE)
-SS Bigger Batteries (MUST HAVE)
-Static Quality Plus A16.1.2  (really need as a base idea in vanilla)
-Steel Extraction
-Sunlamp Power
-Temperature Gauge
-Tilled Soil
-Time of day Switches
-Trading spot
-Where is the potato soil
-Where is the rich soil
-Training Console

These are subscribed mods by steam and loaded that way
-Rimsenal -Enhanced Vanilla Pack
-Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - LITE Edition (a basic copy of EPOE but different setup.)
-Realistic Rooms (cause defaults make no sense IRL my room is a 3 by 4 size rimworld and i am perfectly content in it)
-Lovely Hair Style
-Rimsenal - Rimhair
-A dog Said...
-Oiled Doors
-Xeva's Rimhair (A14, A15, A16)
-Hyperweave / Synthread Crafting
-Follow Me (camera mod to follow pawns)
-Better Pawn Control
-MORE planning
-Organized Research tab
-I Can fix it!  (so very helpful and needed)
-Allow Tool  (mass raids cleaned up so easy now)
-Don't Stop the Music
-Faction Discovery A16
-ED-Turret control
-Ugh you got Me
-Screw the rules -Have food- (blights too annoying w/out this)
-Fluffy Breakdowns (recently added but issue was before this)
-[sd] medicaddons
-KZ- Table Search
-TaleLog
-MOD list backup (recent add to help find problem)
-Craftable PersonalShields (Uranium) {added instead of Plasteel one)
-RimNilla Apparel
-Cloths paint tool

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

skullywag

Ok so its deffo something to do with pawn thoughts and stages they can go to. So 1st question does it do this in a new game or is this when loading an existing save? and if so are you using any steam based mods?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

enlonwhite

new games do it eventually when a new pawn loads in as a colonist/drop pod, Usually the 5th, 6th, and sometimes the 7th pawn added to colony. The 6th spot seems to be the key one that it almost always happens too. if the others are hit it seems rare and the 6th one always gets hit with the problem soon after.
As for loaded games, it does it too and I had one loaded game some how do it to all 5 of my pawns I had.
I have tried 4 different games, all started from scratch with different load orders on some mods. Same issue with all of them, with one reloaded with all 5 having the issue. I only included one save in this post tho.

Most mods are manually loaded due to a old glitch with steam where they would not stop downlaoding. I do have the second list showing ones i have subscribed to and downloaded using steam.
Should I manually install those too?

-Side comment-
I know i use alot of mods, I just dont want this annoying but seemingly powerful glitch. I might be willing to part with a mod or two if it stops this depending on the mods i am losing otherwise ill keep trying load orders to see if it helps. Tho knowing where the mod issue is would help to pick the load order.

enlonwhite

:o New Development, Apparently in DESERT AREAS at start the issue does not happen, I haved played for over   5 hours and saved and quit then reloaded about 7 times. So far no pawns are that way, In fact no errors like the old ones now. I have had a issue where there was some hauling issues (pawns just stopped hauling) and power issues, where the power spiked after a Zzzt event but i have TRIPLE my need in power so no battery energy should not be a issue. Half the base keeps staying offline tho. I have haul bots so hauling was not a problem. After saving game tho with these errors I could not reload for some reason. So i cant investigate more. over 11 pawns and no mood issue on desert map for some reason. trying arid next.

So far no issue, the ones i have seen the issue is Boreal Forest, Tundra and i think Temperate i did one. ??? Dont know why i dont have the issue in deserts so far. :'(

SheiFoxy

My wifey's run into the same glitch. However, we have tracked it down to occuring after she harvests a prisoner's organs. As soon as that happens, she gets the bug.

She's also using Expanded Traits... And my gut is telling me it's probably the cause.
The colonists whose moods are vanishing for her are the ones who have traits from Expanded Traits.

I'm thinking maybe Expanded Traits is throwing a mood that the game is handling incorrectly and it's glitching out those colonists need list.

Now, I have no idea how to fix that or even track it down... So any help would be appreciated.
Does the maker of Expanded Traits still mod?
SheiFoxy's Mods on Steam Workshop
SF Grim Reality ⚝ SF Materials Rebalanced ⚝ SF Traits Expansion ⚝ SF Cave Life

enlonwhite

Well i do use Expanded Traits, but i NEVER harvest organs, XD just dont like the idea irl so i make artifical/bionic parts for my colonists. So dont know what to tell you, I also use the Rebuff Debuff mod and less Crippling moods. (think my list of mods is on my previous statments) (tho added a few more since this post >.> woops)

SheiFoxy

It's not necessarily the only situation in which the game throws a mood with errors however.
I could be wrong, but it really looks like Expanded Traits is the cause from my side.
She reloaded her last viable save and kept playing. For now it's working. She just has to pay close attention to her mood list and be sure she hasn't lost them before saving. >_<
SheiFoxy's Mods on Steam Workshop
SF Grim Reality ⚝ SF Materials Rebalanced ⚝ SF Traits Expansion ⚝ SF Cave Life