How frequently do you play Rimworld?

Started by WereCat88, March 23, 2017, 04:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WereCat88

At the moment i have kind of a weird thing with Rimworld, i always check the forums and think about playing it but when i do play it im put off by the slow pace, i play for 30 minutes and exit the game and play again in a week or so, i used to play it non-stop but now i just like thinking about it rather than playing it.

The slow pace is more about the boring time when you sit and watch your colonists work.
I am The Primal Mammelon

AngleWyrm

That might be a resource shortage issue, such as low population, wood, food or other materials.

Something that's helped my colonies move along is the Misc. Robots++ mod by alaestor, which makes it easy to offload the hauling & cleaning jobs so that the colonists can be more specific on what they do. Trained pets can help haul and hunt too.

Anything that can offload tasks from the colonists is an improvement. My idea of finishing the game is to get to the place everyone is doing only one primary job.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

CiceroThePoet

Quote from: WereCat88 on March 23, 2017, 04:22:08 AM
At the moment i have kind of a weird thing with Rimworld, i always check the forums and think about playing it but when i do play it im put off by the slow pace, i play for 30 minutes and exit the game and play again in a week or so, i used to play it non-stop but now i just like thinking about it rather than playing it.

The slow pace is more about the boring time when you sit and watch your colonists work.

I have this exact same problem. I will sit there for hours, thinking about playing RimWorld, and just think about it. Plot about all the cool things I can do, maybe make a story, but every time I just play for about 30 minutes, and stop. I'm happy I'm not the only one who does this.

grinch

maybe youre playing rimworld too gamey? i discover "one man and his dog" scenario (permadeath) with random pawn and rand location can be very funny and rewarding. Also change your mod poll can help "refressing" the game.

b0rsuk

I play on and off. I play quite frequently for a while until I'm bored or have much to do, then I switch games.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 23, 2017, 08:35:25 AM
I play on and off. I play quite frequently for a while until I'm bored or have much to do, then I switch games.

please, dude, GET OUT OF MY BRAIN.

so this .. wherever the rabbit hole takes me, and whatever color of pills I get handed.
The huge amount of mods for Rimworld make different playthroughs quite unique and fun.
At the moment I am playing less because I am again looking at the hole that has "modding" written on the door.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

WereCat88

Quote from: AngleWyrm on March 23, 2017, 04:49:26 AM
That might be a resource shortage issue, such as low population, wood, food or other materials.

That might be it as i always try building big and planning ahead and my 3 colonists (my current playtrough) are too slow.
The current way i try and build takes me 10 in-game days on average to settle in my colonists.

Quote from: AngleWyrm on March 23, 2017, 04:49:26 AM
Something that's helped my colonies move along is the Misc. Robots++ mod by alaestor, which makes it easy to offload the hauling & cleaning jobs so that the colonists can be more specific on what they do. Trained pets can help haul and hunt too.

I would but i also play with Combat Realism which is a mod i love and used since my 2nd playtrough in Rimworld and CR is incompatible with the Misc. Robots mods and also the Rimsenal mod which i also love.
I am The Primal Mammelon

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

WereCat88

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 23, 2017, 04:02:15 PM
Try Minions :)

I don't really like minions, too many banana song trap remixes and shitty facebook memes have ruined it for me, wherever i see a minion i get a slight cringe sensation, plus i think any mod that adds new creatures is incompatible in some way with CR (for example you can kill a Mamufallo (from BaconBits Mods) in one shot with 12 gauge beanbags), plus it's just silly.

Or do minions use the same body deffs as normal pawns so CR can override it?
I am The Primal Mammelon

Belgord

I work 4on 4 off so I don't play any for four days but then I'll play for a few hours every day on my days off. I restart a lot (because I die a lot) and try new biomes and people and senario options with different mods to keep things fresh. I try not to play it as a "game" anymore but more as a story that I don't have TOO much control of. I really like giving my wife and daughter a run down of my latest story.

grrizo

Play it on a higher difficult. Before rage-quitting the game after a pack of squirrels kills the half of your colony, choose a lower difficult.

Find your comfortable or challenging way of playing it.
And yes, I sound like a marketer.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: grrizo on March 25, 2017, 10:38:45 PM
Play it on a higher difficult. Before rage-quitting the game after a pack of squirrels kills the half of your colony, choose a lower difficult. Find your comfortable or challenging way of playing it.

Yeppers
I like to think of it as minimizing the amount of save-scumming I have to go through.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh