[MOD] (Alpha 3) IronWeed

Started by NephilimNexus, April 17, 2014, 09:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mekintos

Quote from: skullywag on October 05, 2014, 10:05:05 AM
Putting a reminder here for myself, ill update this for A7 when im home next...unless someone beats me to it.
*punch*

skullywag

Quote from: Mekintos on October 05, 2014, 10:14:42 AM
Quote from: skullywag on October 05, 2014, 10:05:05 AM
Putting a reminder here for myself, ill update this for A7 when im home next...unless someone beats me to it.
*punch*
I see what you did thar...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

Ok this is updated to Alpha7. Ive kept it exactly the same as the original just updated the defs, Ive started on a more balanced version of this with the other materials in it as well, gonna try and make it a production chain of sorts. Download for the original is attached.

See post a few down for download

Clibanarius

A suggestion I would have on balancing it is to make it like your standard potato/strawberry, only worth, you know, 1 unit of the iron. That way a 6x6 patch of growing room will grant you your standard hunk of metal yielded from a wall. Though that would take a while, for the ironweed to mature and all, it WOULD work as an emergency. You just set aside this massive section in your base to grow the crap in, then, when there's an emergency, you hack it all down and utilize the iron you basically just had sitting in a stockpile that was set off-limits.

skullywag

ill be balancing it to be a supplement to getting metal the normal ways, it will not be a replacement at least not without sufficient investment.

Clibanarius

Excellent. I was thinking that's what you were aiming for, hence my idea. Can't wait to see what you do with this! I know I'm sure as heck glad you put the work in on fixing it up for modern release! Thanks!

skullywag

Ive uploaded a prerelease of my materialcrops mod in the release section. I need feedback on it though for balancing.

HiveHD

Just installed this mod and activated it in-game but im not getting the option to grow 'IronWeed' in my growing zones...

I am using the latest build, anyone know why its not working for me?

[EDIT]

Just realised you uploaded an alpha 7 version over here, however the .zip you uploaded is broken, this website sometimes messes up the archives, id recommend using a 3rd party file hoster (like mediafire) and link us to that.

skullywag

here ya go reuploaded.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

joshwoo69

Thanks Skullywag for the upload!