Thoughts on Faction/Diplomatic interactivity?

Started by Ruisuki, March 25, 2017, 04:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

Just wondering if this is something y'all would like to see in RW? I think its really cool having a colonist with a sister whos a faction leader of another colony but as it stands now they might as well be strangers. Would be cool to see some sort of interactions made available through this. More events is what im thinking. And maybe some dialogue choices that spring up in a similar way to when a wanderer is being chased by a raider and asks to join you, more of events that give you choice along that end. Maybe even during caravan rides to make it slightly oregon trailish.

Im hoping this is something Tynan focuses on in the future anyway

AngleWyrm

There is some approach to faction relationships in the communications up-link where the colony can purchase good will, or order military assistance that costs good will.

Promoting or demoting one faction in the eyes of another could be interesting if there were reasons to do so. Does it matter to the colony if there is good or bad will between factions? Maybe if the prosperity of a faction had a meaningful impact, such as effecting the quality and quantity of things they bring for trade.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Agent00Soul

Seems like this should be easy to do.

faction x needs 400 timber /food etc to see them through winter, fulfil and gain x rep..

destroying their settlements reduces their strength and the likelihood that they will be the ones to raid.

Different strength encampments city size population available silver to trade etc.

Would think most of this stuff could be done without too much work and greatly increase the depth of play.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Agent00Soul on March 25, 2017, 05:24:35 AM
Seems like this should be easy to do.

faction x needs 400 timber /food etc to see them through winter, fulfil and gain x rep..

destroying their settlements reduces their strength and the likelihood that they will be the ones to raid.

Different strength encampments city size population available silver to trade etc.

Would think most of this stuff could be done without too much work and greatly increase the depth of play.
right thats also something that sounds very simple yet could be very effective. It kind of gives it a 'mission' or goal type of feel. As long as it isnt presented as a fetch quest, but more dynamic I feel it could work. Maybe an ally is being raided and asks for help, just like refugees do when in your base. Not helping could bring about penalty in relation or dead colonists for your allies, maybe some that are related to your own. And that could spawn a mood '- didnt help ally' '-family member killed' etc. The idea being that even a simple event could be deeper if it produces a consequential event based on your last decision.

Kryc8

Even stupid letter sending between friends and family from another factions would be awesome.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Kryc8 on March 25, 2017, 10:48:16 AM
Even stupid letter sending between friends and family from another factions would be awesome.

Carrier pigeons to keep in touch with friends and family. It could be like a long distance speech bubble.

The pigeons would be brought from the destination so that they fly home. They could be bought from caravans with home destination in the info tabs. And travelers might carry "call me" pigeons when out and about.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Barley

Quote from: AngleWyrm on March 26, 2017, 09:09:38 AM
Carrier pigeons to keep in touch with friends and family. It could be like a long distance speech bubble.

The pigeons would be brought from the destination so that they fly home. They could be bought from caravans with home destination in the info tabs. And travelers might carry "call me" pigeons when out and about.

I like this idea. But before that I'm hoping for a realistic colony distribution. So more factions each with 1-10 colonies that are spawned in such a way as to suggest a contiguous territories.