Weapon Roles and Combat Pets

Started by Syrchalis, March 25, 2017, 03:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrchalis

The use of the incendiary launcher was not new to me, I just didn't mention it.

Not sure why you compare great bow to short bow though - I can't remember exactly, but you need the smithy for the great bow, while short bow can be made in a crafting spot. So yeah, short bow is only a weapon for the earliest stages.

Unfortunately the squirrels are not cooperating with me and are hiding in trees. They know I want to recruit them.

Also the colony wealth system seems a bit stupid. You shouldn't get punished for having higher quality stuff. If at all it should be the other way around like now.
E.g. a legendary rifle that is 150% as good as a normal one should push the colony value only by 125%. So that better quality is actually tipping things in your favor.
Why even have a crafting stat then? It only hurts getting better gear.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Granitecosmos

Quote from: Syrchalis on March 25, 2017, 07:10:13 PM
Also the colony wealth system seems a bit stupid. You shouldn't get punished for having higher quality stuff. If at all it should be the other way around like now.
E.g. a legendary rifle that is 150% as good as a normal one should push the colony value only by 125%. So that better quality is actually tipping things in your favor.
Why even have a crafting stat then? It only hurts getting better gear.

And that's exactly why I made a mod that fixes that.

Syrchalis

By the way, do animals get counted in when calculating colony wealth? I have 3 Thrumbos by now and I'm afraid 12k wealth from just 3 animals is quite a problem.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Granitecosmos

Quote from: Syrchalis on March 26, 2017, 10:45:13 AM
By the way, do animals get counted in when calculating colony wealth? I have 3 Thrumbos by now and I'm afraid 12k wealth from just 3 animals is quite a problem.

Yes, they do. Just like colonists. On the other hand, a 4000 value Thrumbo does perform better in combat than your 2000 average value colonist with a 1000 value normal charge rifle, along with 1000 value basic clothing. Fix permanent scars from tanking with Luci. If you run out of Luci you can always slaughter.

b0rsuk

Does luciferium actually make wounds heal faster ? Because that's the big thing with combat pets. Bigger animals can take more punishment, but their HP regeneration rate is unchanged.

Granitecosmos

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 26, 2017, 02:12:15 PM
Does luciferium actually make wounds heal faster ? Because that's the big thing with combat pets. Bigger animals can take more punishment, but their HP regeneration rate is unchanged.

I don't think it does. But large animals have so much body part hit points, they can easily stay functional for a long time.

Tynan should link healing speed to body size too. Although that might mean we get Thrumbos with Wolverine level healing factors...
...I'll call that a difficulty tweak.

b0rsuk

It be made to work only when resting.