Power Switch.

Started by StormProxy, March 26, 2017, 04:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StormProxy

i really need help with the Power switch even tho ive played this from Alpha 1 to now i still dont know how it works. do ya just place it in a room or something, please help me. thanks

b0rsuk

If it's turned on, it works like a conduit. If it's turned off, it works like no conduit.

StormProxy

Thank you for that. im still learning the new items and all that i never used

Canute

Ofcouse a pawn need to flick the switch first because the effect goes active.
But mods give you switches that auto. flick by time or other special encounters.

Jimyoda

Love b0rsuk's succinct answer. Well put.

Here's the full length version in case you need it.

A power switch is used to toggle power of the conduit lines connected to it. It provides an efficient way to control power to several appliances all at once, such as a large array of improvised turrets. The 'Toggle power' button is used to request the switch to be flipped. A colonist with the 'flick' job type will flip the switch.

To construct a switchable circuit simply place the power switch along a line of conduit between the power source and the appliances. While one of the switch's connectors must connect to conduit to a power source, any or all of the three remaining connectors can be used to create branches. A switch can be placed directly adjacent to a battery or other power source, but the player will probably find it desirable to place the switch close to the appliances it's meant to control. Appliances won't connect directly to a switch, they only connect to conduit.

When the power switch is ON, the inspect pane displays 'Power: on', and the center of the power switch shows a pale circle.
When the power switch is OFF, the inspect pane displays 'Power: off', and the center of the power switch is dark.

When the power switch is designated to turn OFF, the 'Toggle power' button displays a red X.
When the power switch is designated to turn ON, the 'Toggle power' button displays a green check mark.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/