When RNG loves you

Started by Syrchalis, March 26, 2017, 08:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrchalis

Tell us the stories of when Randy Random (or any other story teller) mean it well with you and give you just what you need.

#1 In my second game ever I killed the first Thrumbo that appeared, noting how powerful they are I tried taming the second. On the very first attempt, with a guy that has 9 in animal skill I tamed it.

#2 In my current game - this is why I made this topic - I needed components. Literally 1 minute later this happened:

Note it's a 350x350 map, so it was REALLY lucky. All fallen spacecraft stuff I started with was at the absolute top side of the map and my colony is at the bottom.
I didn't even know spacecraft drops could be this big? What's the limit?
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

grrizo

Once I had a flashstorm that set fire several spots on the map, including a pack of boomalopes. Eventually, their death fanned the flames. The inferno was closer and closer with every minute.

And suddenly, it started raining.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

Syrchalis

Quote from: grrizo on March 26, 2017, 01:24:09 PM
Once I had a flashstorm that set fire several spots on the map, including a pack of boomalopes. Eventually, their death fanned the flames. The inferno was closer and closer with every minute.

I have the feeling it always rains when there is enough fire on the map. It just can't be coincidence that in my games every fire ever gets extinguished by rain. I've never had more than 10-20% of my map burn down.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

grrizo

Quote from: Syrchalis on March 26, 2017, 01:45:36 PM
Quote from: grrizo on March 26, 2017, 01:24:09 PM

I have the feeling it always rains when there is enough fire on the map. It just can't be coincidence that in my games every fire ever gets extinguished by rain. I've never had more than 10-20% of my map burn down.
That's a very reasonable explanation.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.