[Translation] Chinese简体中文 - 1.7b | Alpha 8d/e

Started by AlyxMS, April 17, 2014, 10:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlyxMS

STUFF
The current translation version is built for 0.8.657 (Alpha 8d/e)
The version included in the current game is outdated
I recommend updating it to the newest version. (If you are using Chinese Translation)

DOWNLOAD
Attached.

HOW TO INSTALL
Deleting the folder ChineseSimplified in Rimworld/Mods/Core/Languages.
Unzip the archive, merge the Mods folder with Rimworld/Mods folder.
Startup the game and select the language "简体中文".

CHANGE LOG
[Alpha 8]1.7b - Updated for 0.8.657. (Alpha 8d/e) Re-aligned file names.
[Alpha 8]1.7 - Updated for 0.8.652. (Alpha 8b)
[Alpha 7]1.6b - Corrected several lines. Translated over 100 untranslated lines.
[Alpha 7]1.6a - Bug fixes from the community as well as some better fitting vocabs.
[Alpha 7]1.6 - Updated for 0.7.581. (Alpha 7) Fixed a crap load of problems from 1.5a.
[Alpha 6]1.5a - Yep, 5 minutes right after upload. Grammar fixes.
[Alpha 6]1.5 - Updated for 0.6.532. (Alpha 6) Minor fixes.
[Alpha 5]1.4b - Code fix and grammar fix.
[Alpha 5]1.4a - Corrected one translation error. Added 5 untranslated lines.
[Alpha 5]1.4 - Updated for 0.5.492. (Alpha 5)
[Alpha 4]1.3g - Updated for 0.4.466. Grammar correction. (Alpha 4f)
[Alpha 4]1.3f - Updated for 0.4.462. (Alpha 4e)
[Alpha 4]1.3e - Added one missing file that translates death messages. Works in 4c(461).
[Alpha 4]1.3d - Updated for 0.4.460 (Alpha 4 Public Release)
[Alpha 4 Dev]1.3c - Updated for 0.4.439 (Works in 440/441)
[Alpha 4 Dev]1.3b - Updated for 0.4.437.
[Alpha 4 Dev]1.3 - Updated for 0.4.436.
[Alpha 4 Dev]1.2 - Updated for 0.4.435. Grammar fixes. 100% translation.
[Alpha 4 Dev]1.1b - Pronunciation fix, code fix and partially translated the remaining 1%.
[Alpha 4 Dev]1.1 - Updated for 0.4.433, sorry that I missed 430. 99% translation, grammar error fixes.
[Alpha 4 Dev]1.0 - Initial Release, 98% translation.
[Alpha 3]0.6 - Final Version, grammar correction, code correction and translated the missing lines.
[Alpha 3]0.5 - Everything except weapons are translated.
[Alpha 3]0.2b - Removed an extra full stop sign. Corrected misunderstood "run in the background" translation.
[Alpha 3]0.2 - Defslinked partially translated. Although these would still be English until the game fully supports translation.
[Alpha 3]0.1b - Corrected one spelling error, solved the broken new colony problem.
[Alpha 3]0.1 - All Codelinked lines translated. Not working because new colony is broken if the language is chosen.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Tynan

Holy crap! I didn't even know Chinese would actually show up in the game. How does it look?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

AlyxMS

Quote from: Tynan on April 17, 2014, 10:56:45 AM
Holy crap! I didn't even know Chinese would actually show up in the game. How does it look?

Looks pretty fine :) I think unity supports Chinese language quite well.
Although I'm not sure if it is going to work in a computer that does not have chinese fonts installed.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Neone

Tynan

Awesome - can you make a GitHub project? Check the first thread in this section.

DarkXess

AlyxMS nice job, if your in need of help then give me a shout, I can also confirm that it does not work without a language pack in stalled on your computer. 如果你要我帮你,你可以来找我 :)

AlyxMS

Quote from: DarkXess on April 21, 2014, 03:59:35 AM

AlyxMS nice job, if your in need of help then give me a shout, I can also confirm that it does not work without a language pack in stalled on your computer. 如果你要我帮你,你可以来找我 :)

Thanks, if you wanted to help, join the translation project on github.
https://github.com/AlyxMS/RimWorld-cn

StorymasterQ

From the July 29th Changelog:
- All GUI text functionality is now cleanly wrapped in the Text class. This allowed huge optimizations on font handling.

So perhaps for the next Alpha?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Tynan

Unfortunately changing font size is extremely difficult and won't happen soon. This is because all the alignment of every GUI layout in the game assumes the current sizes. Some of them might work with a different text size. Others... not so much.

It even runs into problems with things like larger text sizes needing larger windows to show the same info, which means you run into the 1024x768 limit at some point. It's doable, but the work is quite significant.

StorymasterQ

Hmm...I suppose not all windows can have a scrollbar, huh? Things like tooltip balloons can't have one. I guess this needs more thinking.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Tynan

Tip balloons can just get bigger. That's one of the easiest cases.

As I say, this is totally possible, but it's difficult. Each interface has to be rethought, one by one.

Redmancometh

I'm just curious, but why don't you use the screen.width and screen.height properties from unity? You could have a bool for aspect ratio (16:9 or 4:3 default) and scale for each element inside those cases.

At least in the few things I've made in Unity it's seemed to work fine all the way up from 1024x768-2048x1536/1280x720-1920x1080...they are all RPGs so I have utterly stupid amounts of UI elements.

You can scale the alignment in this manner as well. It takes a bit more than screen.height/width / x, but it's not too bad.

PS: I found your debug menu in the pre-alpha 254, and just googled around, and I don't see any other reference to it. May I ask if it's still there? Thought I'd ask since I found you on here :)

Tynan

You can't just blindly scale everything because lots of things look awful when not pixel-aligned. Like all images and all fonts.