[Mod Idea] Bionic Power Systems

Started by newcadence, March 26, 2017, 06:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newcadence

Adds a new need called "Bionic Power" need. There are two classifications of bionics:

Generating Bionics - Generated Bionic Power up to 100%
Consuming Bionics - Passively consumes bionic power at all times

Generating Bionics
Kinetic Generator (Legs): Generates Bionic Power when moving.
Metabolic Generator (Stomach/Torso): Generates Bionic Power but drains the Food need faster.
Solar Generator (Head): Generates Bionic Power based on light level
Internal Reactor (Torso): Passively generates power for the next 4.5 billion years. Injury results in toxic buildup.

Consuming Bionics
Probably most existing bionics. A bionic leg consumes more than a synthetic heart.

I think this adds a lot more balance to bionics, and make their functionality more impactful. Anyone who's given all 10 of their colonists full bionics with EPOE or BASE should agree.

Granitecosmos

Quote from: newcadence on March 26, 2017, 06:26:15 PM
I think this adds a lot more balance to bionics, and make their functionality more impactful. Anyone who's given all 10 of their colonists full bionics with EPOE or BASE should agree.

I thought paying thousands of silver (or sacrificing a great deal of materials in the case of craftable bionics) and risking a surgery was more than enough price to pay for a 20-30% increase in one specific function. Sure you can stack them to an extent but still.
I mean, you could buy 15 Luci's for the same price as a normal bionic arm and that Luci will be enough for one guy for more than 75 days, while giving more bonus stats than a bionic eye and both synthetic kidneys would give, all the while healing scars and brain damage caused by chems too. When you break it down to silver/day maintenance it's less than 20. That means all you have to do is make 3-4 smokeleaf joints' equivalent of value per day to not only maintain one Luci addiction but also make a little profit too.

Oh well, as long as it's just a mod and not forced on me, I'm fine with it.

MaximusIsAwesome

I have used EPOE but do not agree with this, bionics are extremely costly to make or purchase.

Canute

Damn, when i read the topic my first thought was a treadmill or fitnessbike for pawn's with bionics to create power ! :-)