Screen compressing bug

Started by sebichu, March 27, 2017, 12:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebichu

After playing for some time I launched the game and found that the title screen was compressed/stretched, which i wrote of as something that a reload would fix but when I loaded my save the problem continued and I noticed the pawn tab wasn't there anymore and checked if the option was on and it was I tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling the game to uninstalling and reinstalling steam altogether but the problem wouldn't go away, Does someone know any way to reverse this?

- Ps I have a macbook so PC solutions probably won't work

milon

Can you take a screenshot and post it?  It would be helpful to *see* the issue you're describing.

Are you using any mods?

Please post your log file (see link in my signature).

Calahan

As well as the above info milon has asked for, can you also please confirm what screen resolution you are using, and whether you are running the game full screen or windowed.

There are a few issues with screen resolution in A16 (which are due to be fixed in A17), but most of those are to do with the resolution resetting rather than compressing/stretching. Although most cases of the colonist bar not displaying are to do with the screen resolution being too small to accommodate it, which is why knowing your screen resolution would be helpful (and whether or not you, or a program, has changed your screen resolution recently).

sebichu

Thank you for the fast reply you were right I checked the resolution and for some reason or another it was changed and it was fixed.

Calahan

Glad to hear you've sorted the problem out. Any time an issue with a missing colonist bar is mentioned then it's usually a safe educated guess that the screen resolution is the cause of it (ie. it's too small).

I don't have much experience of using a mac so I can't even guess at what caused your resolution to change. With Windows I've seen it change (on rare occasions) after the video drivers got updated, and (frequently) when running old games (eg. from GoG) where the game reduces the resolution when the game loads, but then fails to return the resolution to its previous setting when the game is exited. No idea if either of those might be the cause in your case though (or even if these things happen on macs).

Anyway, I'll move this thread to support now as the issue wasn't a bug with the game code. I'll leave the thread open though in case anyone else has the same/similar problem in future. Happy RimWorlding :)