Pack animals not showing?

Started by Ruisuki, March 27, 2017, 02:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

https://ibb.co/mD5CYv

So i notice sometimes my pack animals are lumped in together despite having different names(numbers). For instance there are 3 muffalo named muffalo 9 despite the fact that only one actually exists. Theres no muffalo 10 and 16 showing in the caravan screen above despite those being the muffs I want to take with me. Idk why they are lumped in with other muffalos whose numbers dont correspond with their own, but it makes differentiating between them impossible, so travelling a nightmare. Unless im missing something simple, a button to actually show every single muffalo instead of them being overwritten as is?
How do i separate them to know which animals im actually taking with me?

b0rsuk

I think they're grouped by age and sex. Do you need to differentiate between them ?

Ruisuki

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 27, 2017, 10:13:22 AM
I think they're grouped by age and sex. Do you need to differentiate between them ?
Yes i want to take specific animals with me to another colony.

GiantSpaceHamster

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 27, 2017, 10:29:46 AM

Just to clarify, you're saying that there are differences (aside from just the name) between animals that are grouped together in the caravan list? Is it that one of the animals is bonded to a colonist and you want to pick that one out to send with that colonist in a new caravan? That's the one scenario I can think of where you might have trouble.

While not ideal, you could make a whole bunch of caravans, one for each of the ones in the group, then identify which new caravan has the one you want, and merge the rest back.

Ruisuki

Quote from: GiantSpaceHamster on March 27, 2017, 03:54:00 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on March 27, 2017, 10:29:46 AM

Just to clarify, you're saying that there are differences (aside from just the name) between animals that are grouped together in the caravan list? Is it that one of the animals is bonded to a colonist and you want to pick that one out to send with that colonist in a new caravan? That's the one scenario I can think of where you might have trouble.

While not ideal, you could make a whole bunch of caravans, one for each of the ones in the group, then identify which new caravan has the one you want, and merge the rest back.
well if i pack animalls with my inventory id have to unpack and repack. idk how i can identify the muffalo i want to take when there are 3 named muffalo 9 for instance, and by clicking on the arrow to take one with me i dont get to choose which it is. If i were to run a caravan individually as you suggest it may be possible by then cancelling the other two was hoping for a more elegant solution, but this may have to do. Maybe tynan will improve the caravan system. Thanks mate

GiantSpaceHamster

If you're just worried about which animal is carrying what, I believe the caravan split screen lets you choose what gear goes where...so that should not be an issue.

b0rsuk

I think you can carry some mufallos into cryosleep caskets and wait until others get old enough to no longer be lumped together with that particular animal. Just release 1 mufallo from cryosleep every year and you'll be fine.