[WIP] [A17] RimWorld & Dragons (Codename: R&D)

Started by vengeanceaurelith, September 13, 2017, 11:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vengeanceaurelith

RimWorld & Dragons (R&D)

Disclaimer:
This is my team's first mod, outside of the few tutorial mods we've made to dip our toes in the water of RimWorld modding. We have a basic understanding of C# and .xml, and are using this as a means to get some practical application. Progress might be slow, but progress will happen.

Purpose:
This mod is designed to bring certain elements of Dungeons and Dragons into the game of RimWorld.

Elements:

• Items
  • Abilities
  • Monsters
  • Encounters

vengeanceaurelith

Lead Developer:

• Vengeance Aurelith

Developers:

• WhiteWolf0100

vengeanceaurelith

Items

The mod will contain many of the mundane and magical items that can be found in 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons (5e).

To help our followers better track the progress of the development of the Items, a system has been put in place:

• Glowing Lime Text - Means the item is completed, and ready for use in the next version.
  • Italicized Green Text - Means that the item is currently being worked on.
  • Normal Yellow Text - Means the item is queued, and is still being considered.
  • Striked-through Red Text - Means the items has been removed from development.

The Items

Mundane (Nonmagical) Weapons

• Coming Soon!

Mundane (Nonmagical) Armors

• Hide Armor
  • Leather Armor
  • Studded Leather
  • Chain Shirt
  • Breastplate
  • Chainmail
  • Half Plate
  • Plate
  • More Coming Soon

Magical Weapons

• Flame Tongue
  • Frost Brand
  • Venom Dagger
  • More Coming Soon

Magical Armors

• Coming Soon!

Magical Grenades

• Alchemist's Fire
  • Acid Vial
  • More Coming Soon

Consumables

• Coming Soon!

vengeanceaurelith

RESERVED

vengeanceaurelith

RESERVED

vengeanceaurelith

RESERVED

vengeanceaurelith

Our team is in no way, shape, or form associated with Wizards of the Coast LLC, who own all content regarding Dungeons and Dragons. This is merely a fan-based mod to help better the experience of people playing RimWorld.

Bob_Namg

"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

vengeanceaurelith

Quote from: Bob_Namg on September 14, 2017, 05:46:02 PM
MMMMM MAGIC MISSILE

An "MMMMM," you say?! Hmmm...

Magical Modifiable Moderate Molecular Missile?

Yeah, that sounds like a good bridge of D&D and RimWorld! I now present, the Quint-M! No...hmm...that's not right. The M&M&M&M&M! No...still not good. Oh, wait, maybe... The M5! ba-dum-tss!

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Modraneth

very interested in this mod, could u show us some screenshots ?

vengeanceaurelith

Hello Modraneth,

Unfortunately, this is still very early in the development of this mod, as my team is still working to learn how to mod the effects. Hang in there, though, as it has not been forgotten.