Rimworld Trooper [SST Mod]

Started by ChaosChronicler, March 27, 2017, 10:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: Silas_ on April 29, 2017, 11:57:00 PM
It is a futuristic assault rifle, and the Mobile Infantry are tough hombres so I think it's totally fair for it to do more damage than the assault rifle.  They do have quite the rate of fire in the film as well.
Wiki says it uses .308 rounds in a 75 capacity mag. Which in reality is B.S due to the fact the weapon used to make the "hero" prop guns uses 5.56 NATO. But I might crank it but to that level, but to compensate have worst accuracy than a standard assault rifle.

Also I think I will add the launcher but only have it fire regular explosives. Unless you guys want tactical nukes. The only reason to have something like that is if I would ever add Plasma Bugs.     

ChaosChronicler

So trying to size some of these weapons to pawns I decided to use base male as a start point. Didn't change the size of the parts which the image is straight out of the games files. Export them as .png then placed them in another inkscape file so I could do this line up. Did not expect the .png image to come out blurry. Did I add too much detail to them?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

ChaosChronicler

small update working on helmet

Dragoon

I think the amount of detail is fine.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

ChaosChronicler

Did some slight modification to some of the shapes. Then overlay them over the six male head types. Found for the narrow heads I had to slightly stretch and squish to make it look decent.

ChaosChronicler

Decided I liked the narrow version and works for the regular heads so one size fits all kind of deal. And got the back to boot

Silas_

Good choice on the helmet.  The detail is great!

ChaosChronicler

"Finished" helmet (basic trooper) but going to have to mess with it for the narrow heads (*ANGRY SCREAMING*)

ChaosChronicler

Trying to think what other helmets from the movies there are but I think I got all the noticeable ones (might do a visor one but would that really make a difference?).

Silas_

I mean, in the book they use powered armor suits, so if you were going to make something that functions like the power armor ingame is the only other type I can think of.  But that could be complicated.

Those are the best looking helmets I've seen a modder make for Rimworld, TBH.  The profile and detail really is nice.

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: Silas_ on May 05, 2017, 05:51:24 PM
I mean, in the book they use powered armor suits, so if you were going to make something that functions like the power armor ingame is the only other type I can think of.  But that could be complicated.

Those are the best looking helmets I've seen a modder make for Rimworld, TBH.  The profile and detail really is nice.

Books I'm not doing as they only describe it as a giant suit like a gorilla with a big head. There are many interpretations to this by many artists that I'm not really going to dive into. The power armor is going to be from the fourth animated movie Invasion which look like this:

They can jump higher than a normal person and run faster. It offers more protection too. Might incorporate the side mounted lights since Rikiki did with the mining helmets. 

SundayTuesday

OH WOW SOMEONES ACTUALLY DOING THIS SORT OF!

Okay well. In the SST Lore, there's a plethora of weapons actually, it depends on the universe. There's the films, the animation, and the book.

If you're going off the films, theres 4 version of the Morita present in the first film (SST1). Theres the Morita Mark 1 with the underbarrel 8 gauge shotgun, the Morita Mark 1 Carbine variant used by fleet personnel and Mobile Infantry officers, and theres the DMR varient with its incredible optical zoom. All of these are capable of penetrating 2 inches of titanium due to their specifications. Each has a 75 round magazine. As for the 4th, the 4th is a prototype variant of the weapon you see in SST3 which acts as a sort of 'grenade' launcher, though it has no formal designation.

In the chronicles of 'rough necks' there were mech suits and the individual suits the mobile infantry wore. I know this stuff like the back of my hand, so if you'd like detailed information from the book, the chronicles, the films or the animated series, please message me. I'm so happy to finally see this happening.
"When your kingdom is attacked, Do not flee.
Show them WHY it is your kingdom!"

ChaosChronicler

Started on the BDU. This one would be the middle layer as they wear a T-shirt underneath. Still on the fence if I should make a separate t-shirt with the M.I logo or not.

ChaosChronicler

BDU front and back along with pants. Also almost forgot the DRM.

Orpheus

One of the Star Wars mods has lightsabers with switchable crystals that affect their stats.  If you still want multiple fire modes, that might be a good place to look for tips on how to do it.