Rimworld Trooper [SST Mod]

Started by ChaosChronicler, March 27, 2017, 10:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: Orpheus on May 09, 2017, 08:30:00 PM
One of the Star Wars mods has lightsabers with switchable crystals that affect their stats.  If you still want multiple fire modes, that might be a good place to look for tips on how to do it.
Haven't gotten that far with the force mod to make my own but can you switch on the fly with that? What I really want is a button when drafted that either allows you to use the shotgun attachment or rifle while things like the GL, MRPG, mini-gun to have ammunition to limit spamming it.
Also got front and back for the BDU and now working on sides.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Orpheus

I haven't played that far with it either.  I don't know how the switching is implemented there, but I'm pretty sure you should be able to adapt it to be triggered by an activated ability.
About limited ammo, I know Combat Realism did it but I'm not sure how.  I personally found that whole mod to be a pain in the arse in a number of ways, but there were some good ideas there and you can probably scavenge some useful code from it.

ChaosChronicler

I think I goofed with the side(s) since the heads look to cover up where the shoulder strip (damn words are failing me right now). Any suggestions?

WalkingProblem

Hi People,

I just launched STARSHIP TROOPERS ARACHNIDS 1.0 for A16.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32625.0

I think you guys would be interested~

If this Rimworld StarShip Troops mod get launched, would be a perfect matched for the Arachnids mod~ =P

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: Walking Problem on May 19, 2017, 10:22:38 PM
Hi People,

If this Rimworld StarShip Troops mod get launched, would be a perfect matched for the Arachnids mod~ =P

Well that made things a little easier. Thank you.

As for progress some things came up IRL but should get back to it. Also might see if I can partner with someone with programming skills cause I can't program worth sh*t

WalkingProblem

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on May 19, 2017, 11:37:46 PM
Quote from: Walking Problem on May 19, 2017, 10:22:38 PM
Hi People,

Well that made things a little easier. Thank you.

As for progress some things came up IRL but should get back to it. Also might see if I can partner with someone with programming skills cause I can't program worth sh*t

So what do you have now?

Or what have you done so far?

ChaosChronicler

art assets mostly. Moritas are done. Morita III's still need the lmg and minigun (still kind of mad at what happened). Working still on BDU sides, suspenders are weird for the sides so I might have to reference from that one mod that has suspender pants.
After that will do the main armor seen in the first three along with the medic version.
Power armor is after that. Then from there I would have looked more into programing.
Starting to think I'm more of an artist than anything

WalkingProblem

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on May 21, 2017, 10:34:34 AM
art assets mostly. Moritas are done. Morita III's still need the lmg and minigun (still kind of mad at what happened). Working still on BDU sides, suspenders are weird for the sides so I might have to reference from that one mod that has suspender pants.
After that will do the main armor seen in the first three along with the medic version.
Power armor is after that. Then from there I would have looked more into programing.
Starting to think I'm more of an artist than anything

I see, let me know if you want me to collaborate on this.

I can do everything from coding c# (limited though), to coding xml/defs, to artwork, etc... (all my mods are fully developed by myself)

So let me know what help you need to help make this mod a reality. (although need to take note that A17 is coming soon)

SundayTuesday

"When your kingdom is attacked, Do not flee.
Show them WHY it is your kingdom!"

ChaosChronicler

okay back from sabbatical. Suspenders are weird but I think I know what I want to do. For the uniform I decided to cut the bottom so the pants would show; in turn will put more detail with it as it does have a texture to it. As for the side I saw that the straps show in the neckline with the outer B.D.U. A solution would have a separate "side" that doesn't have the straps, but I don't know how that would all work coding wise as I want the straps to show over any of the bottom clothing (shirts and what not). However when a middle and outer layer is applied it should use the strapless sides or it will show.

Oh and broke down and finished the LMG. Mini-gun variants a bit troubling as there are no good screen shots on the net so I'm going to have to track down a copy for myself to get screen shots

ChaosChronicler

Okay so far happy with what I have so far for male and female body bdu. One infantry and one with the medic badge. I'm going to hold on bdu for now since I keep cursing at inkscape for making snapping points a pain in the rear for odd shapes. So next on the list I just added is the M55 Rocket Launcher with both a normal explosive rocket and the famous Tactical Oxygen Nuke a.k.a "mini-nuke".

daman2501

YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

ChaosChronicler

Well M-55 Missile Launcher is "done". And by done I mean I'm still thinking on doing different sides for the pawns. Weapons that are shoulder mounted look weird to me in rimworld so having a front/side/back like a pawn might fix that.
Also added the side buttons from the launcher attached to the mrpg version of the Morita. 

SundayTuesday

Hi. Just had a suggestion, wanted to see what people thought.

So, I play on a starship troopers roleplay server on a different game, inwhich we have divisions, and within those divisions are some uniform differences

We've got 2 different BDU colors, albeit I'm not sure if they're canon or not.

Command staff and psi-operatives wear black BDUs, vests, and helmets,

while the rest of the infantry wear purple BDUs with a black (but not as black as the command / psi-operative black) vest and helmet.

Dunno, just thought the different BDU colors would be nice down the road for some variety. In invasion, different units wore different colored power armor so its feasible imo.

Thanks

"When your kingdom is attacked, Do not flee.
Show them WHY it is your kingdom!"

Silas_

So looking forward to this.  Keep up the good work!