[1.3] [KV] Impassable Map Maker [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, March 28, 2017, 02:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackaldude2

Quote from: HefferX on August 08, 2017, 05:07:20 PM
Do raiders spawn normally and path through the tunnel you've dug? Do prisoners and visitors know how to exit the map?

Yes, though as Kiame said, if it takes too long for visitors to "arrive" at your colony, they'll leave. I have had a visitor group go berserk and nearly kill each other, it was fun to watch. As for defenses, mortars is where this map type shines the best. I use rimsenal and an expanded arsenal mod, the mortars added by them really give an overwhelming advantage.
Pathing works fine.
Raiders spawn normally however keep in mind that if you do use mortars to annihilate them, there's a chance that some dropped items might end up on tiles outside of the map that are inaccessible. It's not a fault of this mod though.
I play on the Ludeonicrous size 400^2, and sometimes it does take a few days for them to reach my base.

I'm going to see how the new version works with map re-roll.

UPDATE: It works splendidly.

Oblitus

Quote from: Kiame on August 08, 2017, 06:57:49 PM
Still trying to figure out how to fix the problem where the helper ship ends up in the ocean.

[HarmonyPatch(typeof(WorldPathGrid), "CalculatedCostAt", new Type[] { typeof(int), typeof(bool), typeof(float) })]
    static class WorldPathGrid_CalculatedCostAt_Patch
    {
        static bool Prefix(ref int __result, ref int __state, int tile, bool perceivedStatic, float yearPercent = -1f)
        {
            __state = tile;
            return true;
        }

private static void Postfix(ref int __result, ref int __state)
        {
            if (__result == 1000000 && Find.WorldGrid[tile].hilliness == Hilliness.Impassable)
            {
                __result--;
            }
        }
    }

Kiame

Gah yep that's probably the problem. Just had to check hilliness on the postfix. i feel dumb  :-[

Thanks Oblitus

Kiame

Direct download and steam have been updated with the fix for the ai ship

Kiame

Updated for A18 - see first post for links

Kiame

Update:
Added settings to:
-Increase or Decrease the middle area's size
-Make the middle area's walls smoother or rougher

Sniper Pilot

Thank you much! Love this mod- anyway we can get it to generate more caves? That would make it even more awesome.

Kiame

[RF] Configurable Maps should be getting a cave setting before long so I'd prefer to use this mod than add that config to this mod.

If nothing comes along I will look into it

Kiame

Added settings to:
-Prevent a middle opening from being created
-Decrease/Increase the outer perimeter buffer

Kiame

Impassable tiles are no longer as impassable. Roads from RimRoads now decrease travel time like other tiles.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Kiame on December 01, 2017, 02:09:59 AM
Impassable tiles are no longer as impassable. Roads from RimRoads now decrease travel time like other tiles.

Thanks for reminding me to check out jecrell's github  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Kiame

Update:
-Added ability to make round mountains
-Increased max outer buffer option
-Added 'remove scattered rocks'
-Cleaned up options menu

Proxyer

Hello, author.
Thank you for updating!
So, I created the Japanese translation for this mod and sent a pull request from GitHub. Please confirm and merge.
Thank you.